The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

"Defeat at home to Hull City means that Tottenham are off to their worst start since 1912 - the year the Titanic sank"

Good comeback by Liverpool there and yes bobby12 they are picking up those points aren't they? Don't worry, I'm sure you'll go back to your old selves sometime soon. wink I had conflicted feelings watching that one, I suppose I would have been happiest with a draw.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great comeback by Liverpool, but what was Rafa thinking by dropping Keane and going back to the 1 up front?? Altho Keane hasn't scored in the league, his industry and general nuscianceness (new word biggrin ) have been good for liverpool, they have actually looked like a top 4 team as opposed to an also ran team.

Also, although he scored the winner, Kuyt is terrible!! His passes go astray all the time, he falls over the ball......I'd shoot him and Mascherano. 2 of the most inept players in the Premier league.

Our first half last night was excellent.

Hull are really going for it aren't they. Good on them.

Quote:
The Housemartins were nearly right. (Or perhaps this is the result of the Chelsea vs Hull game?)

No, it'll be Arsenal when they beat them AGAIN! lol

kuyt, like keane, is one who is in there cos of his 'vital hard work' as benitez always says. We are winning so I am trusting him, even though they aren't getting the goals.

Mascherano is actually a really strong player, I think he is one of the best midfielders in the league! Alonso on the other hand... :(

Kuyt probably looks good due to the presence of a certain two other players. Not mad keen myself.

Skrtel and his scary tattoos might be out for a while.

You only just find out RobBright? wink

They don't show international games though do they really. 4-5 Premiership games, all Champions League games.

Not sure what the deal is with the FA Cup this year seems to change every day.

Select FA Cup games seem to appear on some obscure channels like Fuji 329 or whatever it's called along with some international games. All seems very random when they do appear though.

I think fuji just buys one international game each time. I guess it depends on the competition (friendly, euro-qual, WC-qual etc) whether they buy a game or not. Anyway I dont have fuji, if its a big game ill use p2p to watch it online.

anyway, the table looks nice so we can enjoy looking at it for a little while:

Code:
        Team  	        P  	W  	D  	L  	F  	A  	W  	D  	L  	F  	A  	GD  	PTS1 	Chelsea 	7 	2 	2 	0 	8 	2 	3 	0 	0 	6 	1 	11 	172 	Liverpool 	7 	2 	1 	0 	4 	2 	3 	1 	0 	6 	2 	6 	173 	Hull 	7 	1 	1 	1 	4 	8 	3 	1 	0 	6 	3 	-1 	144 	Arsenal 	7 	2 	0 	1 	5 	2 	2 	1 	1 	8 	3 	8 	135 	Aston Villa 	7 	2 	1 	0 	6 	3 	2 	0 	2 	6 	7 	2 	136 	West Ham 	7 	3 	0 	1 	10 	6 	1 	0 	2 	4 	7 	1 	127 	Portsmouth 	7 	3 	0 	1 	6 	3 	1 	0 	2 	3 	10 	-4 	128 	Man Utd 	6 	1 	1 	0 	3 	1 	2 	1 	1 	5 	3 	4 	11

Quite the shock that isn't it?

United peeking in at 8 there I see. They do have a game in hand though.

(PS How did you get the table to appear like that bobby12?)