The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

Liverpool duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres have both been declared fit to face Manchester United. Apparently.

Huge game for Wigan this weekend against, er, Sunderland. We're on for a win!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams will be announced fairly soon... can't wait to see our line up, and indeed that of Liverpool.

Come on United! Seems like ages since the last game.

Can't say much scouser. United were simply awful after that first 5 minutes, they were all over the place. Hopefully next game we will play with a midfield!

Liverpool certainly totally deserved to win that one.

Well we got a draw.

I don't know if it was Liverpool looking really good (surely not?) or the fact that United were just utterly crap (which they were). Van der Sar looking old, talk about messed up formation - goes to show that individual talents does not automatically equal winning team.

Fun game to watch though as a not-particularly-biased North Westerner.

maybe sir alex thought that without gerrard he could afford to just put in one ball winner (carrick) and get away with playing everyone else as striker. when carrick went off it was curtains for them, they didnt get the ball at all in the 2nd half.

A bit of a surprise that. I bet a lot of Liverpool fans weren't feeling too confident when they saw the team sheets at the beginning there. United looked terrible. Is Carrick injured bad? Berbatov was on the floor a bit there as well wasn't he. Looked good in spurts but can't expect him to do much when there is zero service and 5 markers.

Liverpool completely out-competed them, but I didn't see enough chances for a "4-1". Great cockup by Van Der Saar for number one though. It also looks like ManYoo will join the elite group of Newcastle and West Ham this week. Teams with a bankrupt sponsor, that is.

On Saturday's evidence I think Hull will be fighting relegation. If things don't get sorted out soon, so will Newcastle sadface

Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
Man City are MASSIVE.
lol

Come on United. Improve a lot and we'll still beat you next weekend.

:rubshands:

Team MinCrowd MaxCrowd AveCrowd TotCrowd
Manchester United 75,055 76,013 75,691 1,438,136
Arsenal 59,442 60,161 60,070 1,141,335
Newcastle United 49,948 52,307 51,320 975,093
Liverpool 42,308 44,459 43,532 827,111
Sunderland 36,063 47,701 42,728 811,837
Manchester City 38,261 47,321 42,126 800,400
Chelsea 39,447 41,837 41,397 786,549

seems to me Man City are actually a bigger club in support than Chelsea...and thats with chelsea having a close run-in with Manu U
lol

But massive-ness has nothing to do with the stadium and number of people it fills. It's oh so much more than that, and Citeh are the most massive of the lot. wink

Originally Posted By: rach
But massive-ness has nothing to do with the stadium and number of people it fills. It's oh so much more than that, and Citeh are the most massive of the lot. wink

only in Manchester lol