The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robinhos agent got 4.2 mill. Well, it's a newspaper report so it probably means sod all, but, .... how do I become a football agent?!

Quote:
Such is the strength of the new financial muscle at Manchester City that the club not only broke the British transfer record to sign Robinho but – in a move unheard of in modern-day football – also paid his £32.5m fee in a one-off up-front payment to Real Madrid. To ensure that the deadline day deal went through in time it is also understood that a payment of £4.2m was made to Robinho's agents, led by his fellow Brazilian, Wagner Ribeiro.

The extraordinary transfer was secured to make sure that City could steal the 24-year-old from under the noses of Chelsea and appease the demands of the club's new owners, Abu Dhabi United Group, who had also scattered bids around Europe for players such as Dimitar Berbatov, Fernando Torres and David Villa, that a star signing should be secured before the transfer window closed. Once the player's wages – which could peak as high as £160,000 a week – are factored in over a four-year contract it means that, including all fees, he will cost City a cool £70m.

Don't worry pie-eater, United are on ( as they are pretty much every week smile ). I hope we start playing well now. Mersey derby should be good too, but sounds like Everton are even rubbisher than usual.

Scholes was back to being the class act he is when he came on last night which was good to see.

Great penalty!? lol Wasn't a penalty, wasn't a dive. But it kicked United into life and good to see something more like.

I see Hull beat Arsenal away. Thats funny!

Conclusions from last night

Liverpool are just rubbish withour Gerrard and that Spanish dude. I know most of them are Spanish, but you know what I mean.

Roonatov seems a much better duo than Berbatez.

Wigan beat Hull, Hull beat Arsenal. So Wigan are better than Arsenal.

smile

It's the hair. He needs to spend less time in front of the mirror admiring his greasy barcode.

It was quite clear from the hair that in Italia 200?, Italy weren't going to win. (Pearl Italian/Oz and I had a "discussion" about this). I was right, she was wrong.

Preening in front of the mirror and the copious application of hair grease does not a footballer make.