OVER IT

I gave up alcohol - upted my training schedule - have been watching the calories etc. Got ready for the big weigh in this morning and hav PUT WEIGHT ON veryangry!!!

I don't want to here Oh it must be muscle as muscle weighs more than fat - OR you must be feeling so much better giving your wine up. I DON'T!!!! I give up I am off for the diet tablets TODAY and if that doesn't work I am going to get a Cask of wine and get some one to deep fry me some butter angry

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diet tablets?? what are they? Not those ones that inhibit the uptake of fat? They inhibit ALL fat, so the good healthy fats that give your body vital minerals etc also get dumped. A huge side effect is really nasty, slimy, oily No 2's!!! The fat is still in your food so will still go through your system and whence in, if its not absorbed then there is only 1 way out!!!! Often users of these tablets report fat LEAKING out of their bum soiling their underwear. (I don't mean when they need a toilet, but throughout the day)

Instead of relying on weight as an indicator how about measuring your BMI

BMI is also a load of shit as it uses the basic idea that everyone has the same body shape. For example I am 1.83m and weigh 83kgs, which puts me at the upper edge of the limit, yet my body fat is only 11%.

Am I pushing overweight on the BMI?

yes

Do doctors think I am overweight?

Not at all.

I hear you snowhuntress.

I have been in the gym for two months with NO weight loss. Diet in conjunction with the gym is the only way to do it - so thats where I am at now. And now that I have quit work to focus on this weight loss/ fitness gain endeavour I better see some danged results!!!

I must admit though my snowboarding certainly benefitted from the gym activity - I was smashing it this weekend - WAY improved on July fitness levels - and no resting on the lifts coz I was on t-bars for 2 days straight - shattered but glad I had worked out prior!

I agree Rob, my height is 170 (midget!) and my weight is typically 72kg, which, according to BMI, I'm obese, however, my fat content is 12%.

BMI is quite misleading and assumes you are generic and average.

i'm trying to get down a few more % fat wise, but have this constant struggle with snacking,. though I'm not willing to give it up because, I enjoy it, and i'm not overweight - will just have to exercise more!!

Hey Gareth I'm your height and I weigh 60 kg. fat content 5% .

I think it's also how heavy and long one's bone is.

carrying extra weight has advantages and disadvantages, I suppose it depends on the activity. Like one hand chin ups - I'm good at climbing walls.

Not sure if snacking is such a bad thing. I have high metabolism and eating small amounts 5~6 times a day seems to work for me under high activity.

When I'm not doing anything, 1 big meal that stays in my stomach will do for me.

THANK YOU MB sometimes you think you are the only person struggling out there!!!!

My diet tablets are ALL NATURAL and the most brilliant things ever. Today I took 2 after lunch and didn't get hungry until about 2pm. Took 2 before I left work and only ate 1/2 the meal I would normally have eaten.

my sister recently had her stomach banded. What an extreme solution just because she couldnt say no to eating, or coz she couldnt be bothered to get off her butt and walk somewhere?

She now struggles to eat a small handful of food at mealtimes, and can no longer drink fizzy drinks.

Gee, that walk seems so much easier now

I'm the same HTENT. I like to eat for the flavour it gives me, not really the nutrients. I think I'm addicted to food, which may seem obvious, but I like it because great tasting food gives me loads of pleasure!! mmmmmmmmmmm

I'm with you Gareth. My best friend got the tube gastrectomy - basically chopped out her stomach except a finger sized tube. She nearly died with post operative complications, but 2 years down the track she has lost 50 kilo's and is loving being alive - despite not being able to eat much of anything. She is still obessed with food, but now it is more about what to eat next that wont make her throw up and to make sure she nibbles constantly to avoid feeling ill.

I just couldnt do it.

I am happy to hit the gym, and turn my back on cakes and lollies, and if I cant lose it all...well so be it. I am a fit and happy chubby. I think it is a huge price to pay for being slim.

At least your sister can get the band loosened - it is unreversable for my friend.

I'M HEARING YOU ALL!!!!! That is totally my problem I am totally addicted to food (it doesn't help that I'm a good cook). I basically eat very healthy JUST TO MUCH!!!

I run 4-6klms 4 days a week - go to gym and do my weights.

I thought about gastro bypass but I don't think I am eligible plus I couldn't handle only have a small handful of food each meal.

Like I said it makes you feel a little better that your not the only only facing the struggle. Plus I think that age does have something to do with it I was a size 6 - 8 till I hit 40. sadface

My motivation is if I can lose enough I am allowed to eat and drink what ever I what on holiday next year!! yummy

You can reduce your food intake if you eat sloooowly. Tummy need about 10 min to send your brains signals you are full. I like stuffing myself up occasionally, but I can go without food. Sometimes I don't eat because I know if I eat then I'm going to get seriously hungry and I don't have anything around to eat. I like being able to control my urges.

Have you thought about what tea to drink with your meals? It washes down the fat and passes it thru ... well, that's what my mum says about the chinese, they eat fatty food but drink tea with it (oo-long , I think) they don't get fat.

I drink about a litre of liquid every morning just after waking up (tea + glass of OJ) sometimes more.

no much water during the day and a lot of it around 3~5 pm.

maybe a cup or two after supper and not too late at night.

I'm more than happy to remain a fat bastard and just enjoy eating. I leave all the worrying about diet to those who like to worry about such things. I've been extremely fit and healthy at times in my life and extremely unfit at others. Wasn't any happier with life one way or the other. I love food and have an attitude to life that you should do more of what you love to be happy. So I eat a fair amount biggrin

I enjoy eating, and lots. i guess I'm just lucky that I just love exercise and activity just as much.

I'd hate to be someone who has to exercise, for health reasons, but hates doing it. I suspect you would always be finding excuses and reasons not to do it.

My typical week involves two heavy gym sessions, taekwondo twice and kickboxing 3 times, plus I walk around 3-4 km every day (all interspersed with bouts of eating LOL)

Originally Posted By: thursday
yeah. I eat what I want when I want. But I only eat when I feel like eating viz when I'm hungry. Other times no urge for munchies etc. Just urges for beer come late morning.

LOL Thursday, by "late" do you mean anything after 8am?

I really dislike excercising just for the sake of excercising. I love hiking, mountaineering, skiing and kayaking but really hate going into a gym and working out. I just love the outdoors.

Well...I would prefer to just go out snowboarding every day, but that aint gonna happen - so it is the gym for me.

I went this morning and put in an hour and half. I took my son who was in shock at the kind of weights I lift (well lift is not the right word is it as I avoid arm workouts, and when I do them it is light weights ..). I was in shock at how unfit HE is - so I bought him a 10 visit casual pass!