• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the point was. It did se very superficial and it seemed a bit strange to have so much negative in there. You'll probably get it on bbc4 or something over there. The programme was called Fast TRacks or something it is the travel programme.

hee hee ... my friend FLEW to the other side of the country just to see them.

Sad that we are true children of the '80's and we DID indeed have Duran Duran posters on our bedroom walls.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this and it got me interested because we are planning on being in Japan in the winter for a month or so.

I didn't even imagine Japan had snow before that, my image was more of hot and humid weather.

Japan has a weather switch.

In the summer, the weather comes from the SE, off the Pacific Ocean. It is hot and humid, and the mountains are clothed in Jungle.

In the winter, the weather comes from the NW. Freezing Arctic winds blast from Siberia. They cross the relatively warm Sea of Japan, and load with moisture. As soon as they lift, the winds drop a monster snow load. Across the western margin of Tohoku, and in Hokkaido, it starts snowing sometime in late December, and it stops about late February

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Japan has a weather switch.

In the summer, the weather comes from the SE, off the Pacific Ocean. It is hot and humid, and the mountains are clothed in Jungle.

In the winter, the weather comes from the NW. Freezing Arctic winds blast from Siberia. They cross the relatively warm Sea of Japan, and load with moisture. As soon as they lift, the winds drop a monster snow load. Across the western margin of Tohoku, and in Hokkaido, it starts snowing sometime in late December, and it stops about late February

Actually Soubs here in Hokkaido we start getting snowfalls unsually from early Nov and generally there is skiable snow from late Nov. We also get snowfalls continuing up to about mid April although it is warming up by then and snowfalls can be interspersed with rain.