OK I know we have a photography thread, but I want to talk about good mountains to shoot. I'm really into mountain scenery - both in winter and out of winter, and wondering what your favorites are?

I really love Myoko and that area. That is a really good looking mountain. Another good place that I really like up in Shiga Kogen there are some really good shapes going on up there.

Can't wait to get out there with the camera.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the area around Mt Asama in Gunma. I'm not madly into photography actually but I am keen to make more records of where I go. That photography thread has gone mad in the last few months it seems.

On the way up Hakkai-san there are some really interesting jagged parts that you have to climb up and down on chains and ropes. Good fun it is, but you won't catch me up there with a decent camera!

Mt Youtei is incredibly photogenic (when not covered in cloud). The symetrical conical peak rising straight out of the plains dominates the landscape. The summit produces some amazing cloud formations and I for one just can't seem to stop taking photos of it even though I already have hundreds of em.

My im gay was not about this thread but about what you can photogragh if you actually get out there.

Yotei

Fuji

Daisen

Come on thats like everyones answers.

Thats my "Gay" comment that was taken out.

• SnowJapan Admin

The post that we deleted last night consisted of the following one word:

Gay

Other than perhaps to yourself, a one word response with a word like that only comes across as either simply insulting or as sarcasm. Given what happened in another thread, it seemed like a direct comeback to another member (miller).

We don't want posts like that on these Forums.

Thanks.

Quote:
Thats why I re-posted

... over 12 hours after the original post was deleted by SJ, and after I pointed out your put-down in the photography thread. I see.

(Though I suppose you have special rights to insult and be sarcastic when you see fit, as a 'long standing member', right?)

Anyway I'm really not one for confrontation or nastiness, never thought I'd be caught up in something like this! I'm not going to get any more involved in any of this at all.

\:\)