new ward tax 4x the usual amount!!!

Just the former apparently.

It's absurd to put that example on the leaflet where it all balances out to exactly zero. As others have said, I know of no-one who hasn't seen their taxes effectively increased by a fair bit. I wonder how many real world cases end up +-0

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, everything's legit here, I mean if It wasn't do you think I'd be posting it on the internet!?

Running a business from home allows huge deductions and I'm not one that minds paying taxes but it's the other rip off's that I protest, such as salary based child care payments.

With the aging population, what Japan needs is a higher consumption tax which is exempted from essentials like food.

Stealth taxation on earners taken at source is far easier for the politicos though, so that's what we get. If young people were more politically organized, at least to the level of old people, this could possibly be avoided.

I also think they should be levying taxes on tobacco!!! Whats a pack in the States now? 5 dollars? 7 dollars? dont smoke so dont know. How do tobacco prices compare around the world? Thats the first place they should be collecting more money! mad.gif mad.gif

Quote:
So, we pay less tax, but that makes our net income higher, so our ward tax is then charged from a higher net income rate, and the percentage used to calculate ward tax is double of what it used to be.

sunrise.... every single tax I pay - income, health, town - has increased. So the income tax thing going down seems doesn't ring true for me.

\:\(
  • 11 months later...

How much was peoples ward tax this year?

Mine has gone up slightly, even though my salary from last year was exactly the same as the year before. I presume the % calculation has just changed a bit this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: sunrise
Since we're paying out all this extra why are they hinting at hiking up the sales tax (to pay for the aging population) too? veryangry

I think they should raise the price of tobacco to help pay by at least double. Cigs here are cheap, what, 250-320yen. Make it double!!! OR even triple for all I care.

I support raising taxes, whether they directly or indirectly, in a few ways - #1 is tobacco, #2 is liquor, #3 is by cutting back politicians' salaries and personal expense accounts - no more whore houses, no more golf trips to China + orgy, #4 is beer, the list could be anything. But, quite honestly, tobacco should be the first thing to be raised. And start off with it double for a few years, then triple the current price, just like what you have going on in the US and Europe.

My taxes have gone up a shitload, but my salary has increased a good bit as well. Bummer, but at least theyre taken out automatically monthly. I only had to pay one huge lump sum when I moved from Ashiya...and that was a shitload too :(