new ward tax 4x the usual amount!!!

I thought it was just me, then a friend called wth the same issue (different ward), - she'd called the ward office and they said it was cos the ageing society.

Did you guys see a massive increase in your ward tax this year?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bollocks soub! If they paid the same amount that is now being hiked up and expected, then we would be getting MUCH better services than now. How do you see grumbling about that as selfish when we are covering the increasing costs of looking after the ageing baby-boomers??

I do remember being told recently at work that that had all changed sunrise, but can't quite remember the specifics...

You're paying for crooked politicians dipping their hands, elbows , heads, legs and whatever else will fit into the honey pot where they will splurge until they puke and repeat the process. Meanwhile pensionners receive the same amount or less and are being told also it is because of the aging population. The population is hoodwinked and compliant. Not much can be done anyway.

Total income tax (on a constant income) will not change. It's just that they've decided to redistribute the burden such that local tax increases and national tax decreases by the same amount. Still, even though I knew this, my eyes nearly fell out of my head when I got my bill the other day...

To back up Kingofmyth, that's just what I heard from my wife, she said City tax is up and another tax is down so it is about the same..

My good accountant makes sure that I don't pay any tax! thaough it does have some drawbacks.

Well - I don't think they charged me less income tax this year - if I had I would have gotten a larger refund. I didn't. The redistribution hasn't worked properly for me that's for sure. I wonder if they made mistakes in numerous cases if it's not supposed to be much different.

I don't know much about it really having an effect on your tax refund though I'd suggest to do as you would back home and go to the Tax office and get some answers. If they've made a mistake i'm sure they'd refund you.

yeah they do Indo. I actually don't want to claim anything. I mate I work with was wondering about what happens if you own your own business. If you had a movie production company, could you claim the cost of equipment, etc.

Got mine today - it has doubled. My health tax is about the same as last year. My salary has been constant. I can't see anything that has come down by the amount this one has increased. Where exactly am I supposed to get the balance?

\:\(

Mine is 225% what it was last year. Not a nice surprise to get thats for sure. Likewise I can't see any other tax going down in a comparable amount. Or going down AT ALL, never mind by the same amount.