The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is very keen tsondaboy.

You shouldn't be expecting too much though, it will only end in tears. wink

Looking forward to watching the Spain game tonight. Seems Torres was on good form.

Quote:
You've not heard about Michael Carrick then!

Joke? Actually he has had a decent season. Sometimes average sometimes really good. I expect a lot of him next season.

Quote:
Ronaldo's.....If he keeps developing

Right - if he keeps developing. If he stays at United and has another few seasons he probably will and will be easily in that Legend bracket!

Some people talk as if minus Ronaldo = minus 42 goals.

It doesn't. The team of last season very much gave prominence to Ronaldo and his wizardry. A team without him would adapt and - with the current lineup - I would see Rooney and Tevez getting considerably higher tallies.

Anyway, I reckon CR7 will still be around actually.

lol

Quote:
Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari is to take over as Chelsea boss on 1 July - two days after the Euro 2008 final.

No wonder he wants Ronaldo out of the country!

Its funny how 'newspapers' can just make stuff up, usually with no consequences.

I guess we should respect the Sunday Sport - it's almost a postmodern art-statement.

Spain for Euro 2008.

I would have said Torres but it looks like Villa for the boot now. Fingers crossed he comes to liverpool soon. Those two look awesome.

The commentator said Xabi Alonso might be going to Juve? Good riddance, he was crap last year! Also might suggest G.Barry is on his way to us...

Van Niselrooy tarnished his glory years at United by being moody and unwilling in that last year. For a lot of fans he really spoilt the memory.