The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a Muppets version of the same D&C sketch. I think the animations is a bit better on that one.

Fergie tapped up half his team, so he's got nothing to moan about. As for Ronaldo, Man Yoo fans should be grateful for what he's done. If he's not a legend already, they must be freakin blind.

Quote:
Fergie tapped up half his team

FALSE!
And even at a stretch, certainly nothing like what Real Madrid have been doing.

Legend status is way much more than just tons of goals goals. Even being The Best Player In The World does not make you a United legend.

Giggsy is a legend.
Cantona is a legend.
Sir Bobby is a legend.

Ronaldo? He certainly could be if he continued and actually showed some United soul rather than disrespect etc, but now... nope, not yet.
The way this distasteful saga is continuing, he is more likely to be remembered as a high scoring arrogant egotistical (insert Smash robot C-word) than a United legend.

Then again, it may not be as distasteful as it all sounds ---- we need to find our what is really happening before voting!

Extremely possibly more BS, but how about this for a twist:

Quote:
Following recent developments and conflicting stories from around the world, including statements by the player's mother that Ronaldo is to stay at United, denials by Portugal coach Luis Felipe Scolari that he had encouraged the player to move to Real Madrid, and quotes attributed to the player by Brazillian web site Terra that the player was set on a move to Real, it has emerged that it is Manchester United who have initiated the moves that have left Ronaldo unsure of his future.

Sir Alex Ferguson and chief executive David Gill flew in to Italy last night to discuss a £35 million bid for Brazil attacking midfielder Kaka with the Milan club, whose hand may be forced over their failure to qualify for next season's Champions League, and the player's apparent welcoming of United's interest in him.

United believe that the signing of Kaka and potentially, one of their top striking targets, which include, amongst others, Lyon's French international Karim Benzema, Ajax goal-poacher Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Sevilla's temperamental Brazillian Luis Fabiano, and want-away Tottenham Hotspur star Dimitar Berbatov will provide a greater balance to the star-studded United team, despite Ronaldo's heroic 42 goals in the recently concluded season.

cripes i forgot about euro2008! ill be wacthing the replys the next day i think.

"ManU legends:

Charlton

Best

Robson

Cantona

Nobody has come close since Cantona"

-- what about giggs?

Portugal looking pretty decent last night.

Yappari, as much as I'm not really mad into "England" footie, I wish they were there in the Euros.

Can't help but wonder why Ronaldinho might be tempted to go to Manchester City. It just doesn't make any sense.

Anyone noticed this

Quote:
A final decision on the controversial '39th step' has been postponed by the chairmen of all 20 Premier League clubs. (Various)

WHY are they still even talking about that nutty idea?

Portugal looking pretty good, Ronaldo still on form. (Boo, hiss, whatever).

Germany looked pretty dominant as well, pretty good especially in the firt half.

England?> Who them?

He'll only cry if his haircut gets messed up.

While I am watching a fair few of the games, it's early morning or evening. Bit busy at work right now to lose out on sleep and not many of the games get me that worked up.

Might watch some of the later games live or once at midnight