I was out on the hill yesterday - great time. The only really annoying thing was the messages on the lifts telling you to prepare to get off the lift - as if its necessary!! The thing is, the bloody message was repeating itself from about 200 meters away from the end of the lift, so you heard it about 20 times every single time you use the lift. Gets annoying.

Is this message thing a Japanese thing or do they have them in other countries as well?

Just a Japanese thing. Or at least not in Canada, the USA, France, Italy and switzerland for the resorts I have been to. I think the music on the slopes is a purely Japanese thing as well. Really annoying. I guess some people like it. Maybe Korea could be the same for music/annoucement although I have never skied there...

They are just being extra careful with those of you ( \:D ) who star-gaze or are lost in transcendental meditation when approaching the run-off.

But come on guys – just imagine the poor guys who have to listen to it non-stop, everyday, for the whole season.

I could easily ignore a wrecked car and just see sakura too, but those messages continue to be annoying, and we won't mention music... But I must say that 5 stars go to Kariuzawa - NO MUSIC on their lifts, yay! A 'tame' resort, but worth going to just for the fact you can ride up all the lifts there without being subjected to music echoing all over the place (except for Markie and I having a singalong going up the lift..... but that's not a permanent fixture).

Well, it was great, and she didn't hold back on the back on the VOLUME either, it was at full blast. We even did a duet towards the end. The poor other skiers/boarders were running everywhere for cover with their hands over their ears.

Well, I for one think it's very helpful and, what's more, reassuring. just think if you fell asleep on the lift? That message would wake you up in time to get off the lift. Very helpful.

clap.gif

I have built up enough tolerance to tune them out,especially those music which is not my taste.

But what do you think of the ski area specific DJs? This year Niseko has started the program, but I continue to tune them out, Ha Ha.