Languages you like the sound of

british accent from a Japanese lady! \:D

As for the Japanese lady accent, I beg to differ if the lady is talking in that high, whiney, ultra respectful voice that you get in some shops and on tv sometimes. That just shits me to tears thumbsdown.gif

I really like the sound of Gaelic

i really like the sound of Thai. unlike chinese, i find the tones to be rather subtle and soft. it is also fun to speak!

i like russian too. is just soooo cool. i love how low, smooth, and bassy it is.

although i have been working at it for nearly two years now, i don't really enjoy the sound of japanese. it is either shrill and piercing when spoken by a women, or grumbly and monotonous when spoken by a man. to me, it doesn't really have much character.

Nothing like a posh toff....German is rotten, even worse when you understand it! I never warmed to German birds whilst I lived there, apart from the ones I...ah...well dated..!! Hypocrite. Anyways, the French accent on a Japanese bird with an Irish mentality would be good. French accent sounds good, Japanese women are hot and I have good crack with Irish women (England, Scotland would be ok too).

A guy I know once claimed that Chinese sounded crass. Strange adjective for a language.

Personally, I find almost any language other than English irritating after a while. They all have annoying features. I can't handle hearing my Japanese girl talking on the phone in J.

And even with English, some accents get on my nerves. Like the American mouthful of hot potatoes pronunciation of R. And their 'er'. I'd rather listen to some innit English guy all day than that.

In fact, verbal communication [censored]s me off all together unless I'm having an unusually good day.

French can be pretty. Some gentle soft eyed French ladies play acoustic guitar and sing in the subway near home in Paris. It sounds so nice.

Quote:
Originally posted by moloney:
Anyways, the French accent on a Japanese bird with an Irish mentality would be good.
Yes ehhh i feel like that might be asking a lot though, non?! So essentially you want a Japanese bird who grew up in Ireland and went on exchange to Paris for a couple of years?

In that case, can i have Sawyer from LOST, singing and thinking like Ryan Adams, except that he is Swedish and speaks French? OK? Or if he's a sponsored skier and studied architecture/art that's also a bonus. ;\)

DB - you live in Paris now? EH?

For me its czech. I have to say that as that's where my wife's from. Really got no idea what she says when she is talking to her family back over there but it sounds so complicated.

i still like it when she muddles up her words or misses a word in a convo.

Accents:

British (but some areas more than others)

Scottish

Farsi

Romanian (female)

Puerto Rican Spanish

Colombian Spanish (PIMP!)

Japanese (female)

Languages:

French

Icelandic

Japanese

Cantonese (as opposed to Mandarin)

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
DB - you live in Paris now? EH?
Girlfriend has been living there for 6 months, we rented a really small pad. Sadly those days are almost over (Paris days, not her).
 Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:

In that case, can i have Sawyer from LOST, singing and thinking like Ryan Adams, except that he is Swedish and speaks French? OK? Or if he's a sponsored skier and studied architecture/art that's also a bonus. ;\)
I'm often lost, can sing and sometimes think, like swedes (the vegetable), have a partial French background, sponsor myself skiing, studied a related field to architecture and have an arty family ... is that good enough to allow me to rub oil into your bumcramp, Babs? ;\)

As for womens accents (not in order):

Irish, Welsh, Scot, Sth Afrikan, Italian, Spanish ...

Don't like French - always sounds oily. Italian is the true language of love.

since this is a language based thread i'm going to presume you like the sound of softly spoken 'stoner'? duuuuude. how come you didn't add 'must be able to chuck a mean frisbie' in that category?