• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

I'm discovering so many different yummy foods at the moment.

To resolve my auto immune condition I have had to go grain free, dairy free and legume free - it was a challenge at first, but a whole new world has opened up.

I'm discovering so many different yummy foods at the moment.

To resolve my auto immune condition I have had to go grain free, dairy free and legume free - it was a challenge at first, but a whole new world has opened up.

Grain free = no beer

dairy free = no eggs or cheese

legume free = no veg

Here's your new foods

Cider

guacamole

eggplants and potatoes (I have learnt that these are nightshades)

Eggs are OK.

Auto Immune Paleo tosses the seeds, nuts and eggs but I am responding really well without getting rid of these - thankfully!

But the eggs are free range. Meat is grass fed as much as is possible.

Nightshades are out, but tomatoes can be tolerated in small amounts.

Strangely enough my diet is more varied and interesting than it used to be despite getting rid of all those things I previously thought were cho-yummy.

GO FIGURE! :lol:

It is the auto immune protocol of the Paleo diet.

Much alternative therapy research has been done in people diagnosed with various autoimmune conditions, and by eliminating grains, dairy, legumes, eggs, nuts and seeds (as well as all artificial additives, sugar and nightshades) the majority of people can become totally symptom free.

I had a major health crisis at the end of last year, time in hospital, rampant infection thanks to no immune system and a really big issue with inflammatory arthritis - especially in the small joints of my hands. It was a reasonably sudden crash, but in hindsight it has probably been coming for years. After pushing multiple bags of IV antibiotics and oral antibiotics, then discovering the underlying cause was SLE (systemic Lupus) I started on a DMARD (disease modifying anti rheumatic) Plaquenil. The improvement was as if I had been hit with a magic bullet, but I still had 'flare ups' of symptoms and Plaquenil can effect your vision long term - so in search of ways to take control I went.

Took a while to convince myself that changing my lifestyle and diet was the right thing to do, but it most definitely was.

I am now down to 1/3 medication and dropping more every week (weaning off it as I don't want to suddenly be back to the beginning).

I ate out for breakfast the other day and the mushrooms were cooked in a non safe oil - I could taste the difference but ate them anyway. Bad move! I wanted to puke after half an hour and had a very upset stomach for an entire day! NOT WORTH IT!

I've been able to tolerate dairy in very small quantities, but still staying off milk.

My favourite new product? Coconut. Coconut Oil, coconut milk, shredded coconut. IS GOOD! :D

Can hardly imagine life without milk. Get through loads of it.

We used to also, but I simply replace it with either Almond Milk or Coconut Milk - actually prefer the taste of my coffee with coconut milk now!

I use about 1/3 organic coconut milk to 2/3 water froth with the cappuccino machine as normal, add good coffee - happy Mamabear.

Not eating cereal in the morning means the entire household is using WAY less milk, and not missing it.

Breaky is usually free range eggs and/or nitrate free bacon, or Paleo Waffles and good quality Maple Syrup.

mmm...I like cheese.

I do have a tiny tiny amount of good parmesan in a couple of dishes I make - it hasn't been a problem so far.

Cheese will probably be one of the first things I try and put back in to my routine upon occasion.

What's your favourite cheese?

I love a seriously crumbly sharp aged chedder with pickled onions through it. LUSH.

Yeah, no cheese would make the crackers waaay too dry for my taste! :p

How does grapes go, MB? and the juice? fresh/fermented?As for grains, the beer wouldn;t be a problem, surely, as it is only the sugars and flaoinoids that carry through from the grain. Not like you're eating a handful of barley, is it?

mmm...I like cheese.

I do have a tiny tiny amount of good parmesan in a couple of dishes I make - it hasn't been a problem so far.

Cheese will probably be one of the first things I try and put back in to my routine upon occasion.

What's your favourite cheese?

I love a seriously crumbly sharp aged chedder with pickled onions through it. LUSH.

A really ripe "stinky" blue is wonderful! add to crackers and wash down with a decent wine, Yummmmo!

:lol: I'm not old enough to like Blue Cheese yet :lol:

(tastes are just NOT that mature yet).

But the others mentioned. Lovely!

JA: No Alcohol for about 3 months and next to nothing prior to that. However the drinks shall flow this weekend as we celebrate the marriage of special friends at a very UNsnowy Thredbo. We shall see how it goes...