One restaurant here in Muikamachi that I really like does curry. Their normal curry is hot but there's an option for very hot. I had it once, it was just ridiculous. I love their normal one but this was just hot for the sake of being as hot as possible. Can't see how anyone could actually enjoy eating it actually.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

I've had stuff that makes the lips tingle in a way that they go numb. It feels like an electric current is passing through them as they oscillate uncontrollably at 50Hz.

:thumbsup: Sichuan people are nuts.

I had a vindaloo ages ago. It must have been on the mild side, it was actually really good.

Is it just me or does beer not go well "cooling down" curry hotness? Water does it for me, but beer doesn't seem to have much effect.

both beer and water have no significant effect, you may get a very short term effect due to the ambient temp of the water vs your tongue....but it won't actually clear the chemical that makes the heat. The chemical that creates the heat/spiciness is soluble in fat, hence why yoghurt based Lassi drinks are popular in India, Thailand etc. If you have a glass of milk, its much better at dealing with the heat.

both beer and water have no significant effect, you may get a very short term effect due to the ambient temp of the water vs your tongue....but it won't actually clear the chemical that makes the heat. The chemical that creates the heat/spiciness is soluble in fat, hence why yoghurt based Lassi drinks are popular in India, Thailand etc. If you have a glass of milk, its much better at dealing with the heat.

Oi. Don't spread that around. Everytime I have a nice curry, my wife suggests a mango lassi to drink. No thanks. Curry goes better with beer.

• 2 weeks later...

Chicken tikka masala.....first time I've seen it in a restaurant over here, fantastic. Weird little place, served in tin plates with no rice....so had me a butter naan and a keema paratha to wash it down. :yummy: