• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

So whats the choice

Little Big Planet

Wipeout

...got both of them...

Dead Nation

inFamous

Ratchet & Clank

?

Wonder if there will be different in Japan.

And, is this per machine or per account? Surely they won't let you download more just because you had more accounts?

So Wii U then.

Kind of interesting idea. I just wish they didn't make their hardware look like some Fisher Price toy!

I think it looks pretty cool, well the idea anyway. No doubt there will be a lot of fun on offer. Is there a ballpark release date? Next spring?

I think the name is totally daft though, Wii U.

Yes, I know people said that with Wii, but Wii U?

Surely they could have come up with better than that.

And keeping the Wii name in there might not have been the best idea in trying to get hardcorers back.

In the end it's just a name though...

Originally Posted By: bobby12
i am not sure that nintendo are really a rival of xbox/ps anymore since gamecube. its a different market they are targetting i think.

One of the main points of their prez was that they (n)intend(to) appeal to the hardcore as well this time round.
Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
Yeah, just seems like Nintendo have caught up with this generation. And also embarassing that the tech demos they used were from the xbox360 and ps3. biggrin

Yeah talk about lol

they can try to appeal to hardcore gamers, and indeed many hardcore gamers bought the wii as a 2nd console, but i think their core market is different to ps3/xbox and that is a wise move on their part. i think they should move more into educational tools/games rather than regular gaming.

Originally Posted By: klingon
Originally Posted By: bobby12
i am not sure that nintendo are really a rival of xbox/ps anymore since gamecube. its a different market they are targetting i think.

One of the main points of their prez was that they (n)intend(to) appeal to the hardcore as well this time round.

I like that clap
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
The point is, bobby, that they are intending to get the hardcore crowd, unlike the Wii era.

Yes they are setting their sights.

Before XBox came, people scoffed at Microsoft. So it's not impossible that they can pull it off. They may also fail in that respect of course.