I thought it was fun - my friend has a 3DS and when it hits the sweet spot it is a really good effect. I can't see me wanting to play it for a prolonged time, but short blasts would be fun. And you can turn the 3D thingy off as well.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

No it is the other way round with the 3d effect going back in rather than popping out.

Will be interesting to see if there are loads on the 2nd hand market or not if people don't like it. Seems to have been selling well though.

Have seen a couple in hard-off. The 3D isn't forced either, you are able to switch it off with a slider on the right hand side of the top display, but then you just have Nintendo DS again. wink

The 3d is good for a small device, but only having one sweet spot to view it is a bit silly.

OK had a proper go on the 3DS today and actually I really liked it.

Definitely a "sweet spot" for the 3D and you get it better if you don't actually try. But when you get it, it's a really good effect.

I had a go on Street Fighter, Ridge Racer and the footie game.

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Originally Posted By: mina2
Anyone on here ever get to play that Virtual Boy thing?
It seemed such a bad idea.

Never got to see one of them...

For one night only:

virtual-boy.jpg
wland6.jpg

Na, as I think red was the cheapest at the time.

If you ever go to Akihabara, there is a retro game shop called super potato and they have once there that you can play.

Not mad amounts, no.

I think people could only really want one of them to be complete or to sell on thinking they might go higher in value.

It really was a bad move all round.

Hard to understand what they were thinking.

I might be wrong but I think the dude who brought us the Game Boy was behind it as well.

Gunpei Yokoi (横井 è»å¹³ Yokoi Gunpei, September 10, 1941 – October 4, 1997), also spelled Gumpei Yokoi, was a Japanese video game designer. He was a long-time Nintendo employee, creator of the Game Boy and Game & Watch handheld systems, and producer of several long-running and critically acclaimed video game franchises. Yokoi was married. He died in a traffic accident in 1997.

--

Another of his creations, the Virtual Boy, was a big failure, but was not why he left Nintendo soon after. According to his colleague Yoshihiro Taki, "Yokoi had originally decided to retire at 50 to do as he pleased. His retirement had simply been a bit later than planned." According to David Sheff's book Game Over, Yokoi never actually intended for the console to be released in its present form. However, Nintendo pushed the Virtual Boy to market so that it could focus development resources on the Nintendo 64.

I got a 3DS, well officially the gf's. wink

Can play the DS games on it as well, so that's cool.

The 3D is pretty good fun, though like others have said not for prolonged periods. Street Fighter and Pilot Wings are the ones I have.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Originally Posted By: mina2
Anyone on here ever get to play that Virtual Boy thing?
It seemed such a bad idea.

Never got to see one of them...

For one night only:

virtual-boy.jpg
wland6.jpg

That just looks AWFUL!!!