• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
Yeah, if you like rallying then it is. If you don't like Americanisms in your face, then avoid it.

I like it, good fun.

The accents sound more Australia to me. Shows how good I am at recognising accents!

There is one thing that really annoys though --- and that's where chunks of the game - parts that you can see are there - are not available to you unless you go to the PS Store and pay more for them.

That just ain't playing the game nicely.

grandpa

Originally Posted By: Karnidge
Looking forward to the Star Fox 64 3DS game... might even get me to splash out on one.

That was a great game.
The original Star Fox 64 I mean.
Originally Posted By: Karnidge

Tell me more about EA Active 2 Rob, a Move title is it?

Na it uses 3 different heart rate monitors to calculate calories burned, motion tracking and also your heart rate. It also comes with a large resistance band, which you can use by itself or in conjunction with some weights if you have them lying about.

You can set up different "training" schedules, and I have gone for the full 9 week training, and so far, have had 2 good, solid "workouts" of about 1hr in length. It also tracks everything you do and also gives you trophies if you are that way inclined.

Now I know there are going to be some skeptics who say, well it's not as good as going to the gym etc etc, but personally I don't have time to go to the gym, get changed, find a machine, etc etc. It would take me about 2 hours in total, to get everything done. This game means I can come home, get changed, do some exercise, and have a shower, which you will need!, and burn about 500 calories in one session.

If you have a spare 15quid lying about, and have access to zavvi, and want to try it out, I would recommend it.

I predicted something like this kind of thing when I started uni in 1998, except I imagined that all the gym machines in the gym would have a PC monitor and game software on them, that track your progress over the months and allow you to compete over the internet with other people using rowing games, running games etc. Like a virtual olympics. These days it is so cheap to get the hard and software that I would imagine some gyms have something like this now.