interesting, this seems to be the case with a lot of things these days - big sports tickets and so on. cash rules.

i played a ps3 in toys r us yesterday, not bad but no different to the xbox360 that i could see, and only 4 or 5 games out for it and much more expensive.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Saw a thing on the PS3 about them making games etc on TV the other night.

Damn the graffix on the grand turismo for the PS3 looked insane!

I saw the Wii for the first time on TV the other day too (on a CM) and that night I had a dream I had one, and was having a really good time with it! What does that mean? Should I line up on Dec 2nd??

Probably the most fun I ever had playing games was on the nintendo NES and N64. But I got a gamecube and it was pretty poor. Id quite like to try this new Wii but I think I'll be going for an xbox360 soon. The games coming out for it are looking really good .

I have owned all most every console since the 80's not a rich kid, I worked part-time to feed my game habit. Bought almost every one of them at launch date.

NES

SNES

Megadrive

Xbox

Cube

PS1

PS2

At the time the PS1 was 300 Irish pounds. Which is actualy more expensive than what I can get the PS3 for now. So I dont get what all the anti sony thing is in the press.

Now that I am older I just dont have the time to play all three and for me its going to be the PS3

Mostly because the PS3 will have more adult games. I dont want to play fishing or drums on the Wii.

I dont think the controler is that good even, I had the Microsoft Sidewinder controler with the gyro about 8 years ago. Where you can control the tilt and yaw by moving the controler.

It got boring very quick. I want a next gen console that has everything needed at once. e.g. 360 not having a hd drive installed, wii undecided. Especaily living in Japan as there is not enough room in my flat.

Lastly,

the PS3 is the only native full HD 1080P.

People spend too much on consoles, the only one I've ever owned is the original xbox which was given to me as a gift.

I don't understand people paying so much for the PS3 though. As far as I'm aware, there are only two games that will be available that aren't already out on the xbox360.

I didnt know that about full native 1080 - is that right?

xbox360 comes with a 20gb HDD built in in Japan I think.

For me Xbox360 is looking better than PS3 right now, but in 2 years time it may be a different story once more games are available and we see who wins the bluray / hddvd war.

I'm more and more sceptical about the Wii. It just doesn't sound like it will maintain interest. And apparently it "looks" pretty much this gen. The others will race ahead with people who aren't into party games and pikachu or whatever.

I'll be getting a PS3. Games being region free will be a big thing.

Yes bobby12

The PS3 is Native 1080P

The 360 is Native 1080i

The Wii is Native 480P

The 360 can be firmware upgraded to 1080P but 90% of games will never support it, it may also produce visual tearing.

1080P = 1920 × 1080 or about 2.07 million pixels

1080i = 1920 × 1080 / 2 or about 1.04 million pixels that is for an interlaced tv but single pixel x pixel is about 1366x768

480P = 640 x 480 or about 3 hundread thousand pixels.

The Wii while looking nice on normal TVs and can upscale a bit but if you have a HD tv it will never look good. I think the controler is a gimic, when playings I am a couch potatoe and I dont want to be flailing my arms around to make mario jump.

As it happens my monitor is 2560x1600 way above HDTV quality. I plan on using said monitor for the PS3 and use a HDMI converter. I guess in a few months there will be some hacks for the PS3, I wouldnt mind over clocking it. Even the PSP can be overclocked just by software.

only 91000yen? Id pay the extra 3man just to not have to queue up in the cold for 2 nights fighting with strangers. Id have thought they would be going for at least 15man.

I don't think it has anything to do with Sony. Nobody is forcing anybody to camp out. I want a PS3, but I can wait a few weeks.

Though I would love a first gen one, like the PSP the firmware was pretty shoddy on the first runs, and you could copy and play games easily. The same thing will probably happen with the PS3.