• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

I guess people have more difficulty parting with $40-$50 for a game when you can get tons of games on mobile devices not for one or a few dollars.

However more simple they may be, it's got to be a big wall for more expensive games.

My Vita froze on me the other day. Couldn't do anything. Pressed the off button for 20 seconds didn't seem to do anything either.

A bit later the screen went off.

Couldn't turn it back on again.

Went back to it about an hour later and it was ok and no problems since.

Best game --- Virtua Tennis.

I haven't had a screen freeze at all. Hope that was just a one-off.

Yes I have got the tennis game.

A lot of fun.

Now I am looking forward to Wipeout.

As much as I can mostly read the Japanese in games, I prefer to have it in English.

BTW, what people doing re: downloads vs cards? I suppose I'm 'tied' to the Japanese store, so I think my strategy will be to buy major games from overseas and download smaller things.

Maybe.

As much as I can mostly read the Japanese in games, I prefer to have it in English.

BTW, what people doing re: downloads vs cards? I suppose I'm 'tied' to the Japanese store, so I think my strategy will be to buy major games from overseas and download smaller things.

Maybe.

Thinking of getting a Vita. I like the idea of downloading and having them all there without messing around with cards. I suppose the 32GB would hold quite a lot of games, right?

and where is the mass market?

Is the ps vita aimed at gamers or people with smartphones etc?

Most people being who? did you do a survey? If do,please share your results with us.

Ps vita and 3ds can happily coexist with android and ios games. Personally I dislike using my phone for games, as the controls are too fiddly or the game, in my opinion, isn't comparable to say katamari damacy or super mario 3d.

Hey I don't know.

All I'm saying is that in days gone by if you wanted to play video games on handhelds you had to pay that price.

That was the price.

Now there are lots of much much cheaper alternatives.

They may be simpler, but for lots of people I would imagine that works just fine.

Asking 4000+ yen for a handheld game is going to surely become more and more difficult.

Yes it is tough to ask but then you have casual gamers, and hardcore gamers, who are happy to spend that money.

For me 4k isn't that much if I can get a fair whack of game time out of it. Call it value per hour.

I might buy an android game for 99¥ but get bored of it after 10mins, which is 594¥ per hour. Power smash 4 cost me 4000¥ but I have played it for about 25hrs in total, which is about 165¥ per hour.

Spinning the numbers. ;)

I can understand what you are saying Man, but I think it is going to be difficult for them.

Hardcore is a much smaller market than casual.

Personally I'm not into these huge games, but I do enjoy the simple games on ios.

And some of them are surprisingly good.

I would say that they are getting better and better and some coming close to what you can buy on a DS etc for that 4000 yen.