sorry I'm late to post in this thread but,

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

WOO HOO France got through! It was a brilliant game. They totally shut down the Spanish offense. Nice to see Ribery finally get a goal after his 2 huge misses against Togo. Bring on Brazil!!! \:\) \:D

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually it's what's keeping me going. If France had lost it would have been all the more painful with no sleep.

My thoughts for the rest of the tourney:

France vs Brazil: I heard that Ghana dominated the brazil game but was unlucky with the finishing, so it doesn't look like brazil is in top form. France has a good chance to upset.

Portugal vs England: think that England will get run over. Portugal will get up 2 goals then at the end Crouch will sub in and head in a long beckham cross for a consolation goal

Germany vs Argentina: this should be a great game. I'll be cheering for the hosts I think. I have never liked Argentina even though the forwards are amazing.

Italy vs Ukraine: yawn. not really interested in this game at all.

BP said damn, no surprises. well, I prefer to see good teams go at it, rather than a weaker team get in thanks to penalties, late goal or easy draw whatever. I think by the next wc or the one after the african teams are going to be deadly. They come up with some really creative passing. They are just inconsistent which is why they aren't progressing deep into the tourney.

it doesnt help that africa is poorer than most states in the USA.

I hope Figos crew goes out they helped to really bring down the tourney. With 2 maybe 3 starters out and half of the team with yellow cards they have to play with care. I think they will try to draw England into extra time.

Would have been nice to see a few more surprises and upsets though in my opinion. I don't mean by flukey wins, but by good soccer from underdog teams, playing well and deserving it.

Anyhoo, we should get some good games from the big teams coming into these final stages eh! Should be good.

BTW did France look good last night Kuma? Fell asleep at half time in the Brazil Ghana game. You're right, Ghana looked the more impressive side, but couldn't capitalize like BRazil did. That's part of what sets Brazil apart from the rest though I think. Even when not firing properly they can still manufacture goals.

My predictions:

England 3-0 Portugal - England finally find their form and Rooney breaks his duck against a weakened portugal.

France 1-0 Brazil - france edge through in a boring encounter.

Germany 3-2 Argentina - best game of the tournament as germany come from 2-1 down.

france did look good bp. they totally made spain look like...England lol.gif losing passes left right and centre (on offence)

I was worried about Henry being the only top. I think he is wasted up there by himself. he needs space to run and needs another forward. Trezeguet and him caused havoc against Togo. I was surpised that it was only 1 top against spain. However with the potent spain offence it did seem best to focus on shutting them down. France only struggles against shit teams that have 10 men on defence, so it will be a good game against the brazilians.

Brazil are tailor made for France as they like to sit back and use Henry on the long ball counter attack. I can see it being a really dull 1-0 with loads of midfield deadlock and long range shots.

i don't mind a dull 1-0 as long as France is on top \:D

anyways, it's going to be a great weekend. the matches are replayed at 8am and 10 (i think) sat and sun morning so I won't have to stay up all night thumbsup.gif

doesn't the final start at 2am? thumbsdown.gif

I mind dull teams getting through to the semis and the finals.

If that means bye bye England, so be it.

5-4 to Brazil please in an exciting fun game with France losing right at the end in extra time. Haha ahaha.

Perhaps their cunning plan might be to LOSE the game on Saturday.

Other teams will then be lulled into a false sense of security and think that England are just a bunch of overpaid wimpy celebs.

The other teams will then not take England seriously in the NEXT World Cup when England might be actually quite good*.

Now that would be a very cunning plan.

(* but probably not)

I might even email Sven to tell him about that cunning plan just in case that is not the cunningly cunning plan he already surely has. He might want to consider it. (After all, he prolly don't give much of a crap anyway now).

I bet he probably doesn't read emails though. He's probably shagging some fit bird. (Git).