i saw canadian band death from above 1979 in melbourne on a trip home not too long back.

they were very loud. (surprisingly so, for just two guys).

good show, though.

however the drummer was a bit bitchy, which wasn't cool. someone mistook him for an american & he wasn't happy.

Actually no chance recently.

Maybe people in cities could have more chances I guess. People live in a boonies like me can not have enough \:\(

How about playing any in a concert?

I have played a recorder with a harpsichord in my junior high school day and sang some in a chorus in my sinior high school day. Pretty long ago, good experience.

Went to see Oasis last Friday in Yoyogi. Not a bad gig but little dissapointed in the short time that they were on stage, only 1hour half. Think it just seemed shorter as there was no warm up band. Not a fan of Yoyogi at all though, as I just can`t understand WHY they put seats in the hall????? Everyone is standing anyway, and it takes from the atmosphere MASSIVELY, and the bamd react to it as well. Really annoys me. mad.gif :rolleyes:

Still was good to hear some old classics pulled out the bag and finish with a rework of the Who`s My Generation!!

me too. Havent been to a good concert in sooo long \:\(

At least I can download all my favorite bands live concerts off the net for free!! Should add that those bands allow live concerts to be traded for free too cool.gif

Think UA is doing a concert in Kansai coming up and am trying to find out as Id love to see her \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by British Potato Council:
Jesus kintaro. Some things you should keep a secret.

In two weeks time I am going to a 2 day event curated by and headlining The Mars Volta. I am pretty bloody excited.
Lukcy! I'm hanging out for them to play the Big Day out on the day i leaver for Tokyo! I hope they play earlier in the day cause im seeing the first 3/4 of the festival!

Too bad Steve, For your benefit, I hope they do play early in the day and don't mess around getting started like some bands do. But it is quite likely based on the feedback given to me.

The concert to which I am going is quite unique. It is at a sea side holiday camp and the ticket includes 3 nights in a chalet that sleeps 4 people (so you go with some friends and split the ticket). The chalet has kitchen and fridge and shower etc. So it will be like living in a daggy family holiday resort for a few days whilst hordes of concert goers (who all have their own chalets) wander around having a good time. Sold out, should be fun. There is even a go-kart race track.

Check out the line up. Besides MV, I am looking forward to seeing The ****ing Champs.

http://www.atpfestival.com/events/line_up.php?event=19

Quote:
Originally posted by bettyx:
i saw canadian band death from above 1979 in melbourne on a trip home not too long back.

they were very loud. (surprisingly so, for just two guys).

good show, though.

however the drummer was a bit bitchy, which wasn't cool. someone mistook him for an american & he wasn't happy.
they are toronto locals. my room mate has interviewed them numerous times and says they are both pretty obnoxious
  • 2 weeks later...

saw beth orton play a tiny club show last night in london, there were about 250 people rammed into a small room.

she might not be everyone's cup of tea, but man, she has got the most stunning voice. faultless folky-style songs

Last one I saw was a Rage Against the Machine cover band playing in Hiroshima. Surprisingly they pulled it off quite well. The same gig also had an ACDC cover band with a chick guitarist dressed up as Angus in the little boy school uniform! They weren't too bad either. Little else to see down these parts...