Spending money when you're "back home"

...when "back home" is where your mum and dad/family are / home country.

I seem to spend a huge amount of money in the few weeks I'm here. Just seems to disappear with alarming speed. Especially this year I suppose with a trip to not-very-cheap Switzerland as well.

It's like 12 months of shopping squeezed into 3 weeks, I always feel a bit guilty when I get on the plane back lol.gif

Good job I have some money going into my account next week \:D

I'm very good at shopping and spending money. An expert even! Having said that, I'm pretty good at finding bargains too - I try to balance those with the occasional impulse buy \:\)

Well living in rip off UK I spend far too much on things anyway. But of course you often spend loads on your hols.... unless its just a beach or the wilderness I suppose. Our Japan trip will end up costing a fair packet.

I don't actually. No hotel/stay costs (family), and people take me out a lot. Apart from clothes I buy most things I want in Japan as well, so I don't really end up spending huge amounts.

I am spending less each year. I have found some clothing to be cheaper here and in my size. I don't really like shopping anyway and would rather spend my holidays out of the shops..

All purchases OS are tax deductable for me usually so if I do buy up at least I get to claim it back! clap.gif

Me too Rach..going home ='s spending big. It's the time to get all those tasty home foods I've been missing, all the clothes I haven't been able to find, the DVD's that I'd have to wait a year to see in Japan, English software, decent Mexican, English books, reasonally priced surf gear/wear, OMIYAGE, yada yada yada!!!

But like METAL, I always have a very, very good time.

Tasty food time, yes. And putting on weight as well. I was away for only 2 weeks in the end but have definitely put on a few kg. Time to start losing that.