My most comfortable temperature is around 20 degrees.

When it gets to 25, it's a bit too hot for me.

30 and above is getting unfunny.

35 and above is just unbearable.

How's about yous?

Experienced a couple of 42 degree days, handled it better than my car!

25 is comfortable for me but every year I spend here in Hokkaido the hotter temps definitely feel hotter.

That said a T-shirt and shorts at 13 degrees is now comfortable. ;\)

25 degrees and over in a suit sucks.

but otherwise hot shmot. been in 40plus a few times, vegas, southern texas, thailand not too bad as long as you are just sitting around.

hottest place i have ever been; death valley california in a 79 thunderbird with zero aircon. the thermometer was american so i have to use the archaic method here but it read 125 degrees. that's about 50degree C! i could hardly muster the energy to get out of the car and walk the 50 meters to the salt flat at -282feet below sealevel.

Quote:
Originally posted by daver:
been in 40plus a few times
100 degree days are pretty much part of summer in the Sth. of OZ.
I would say that we might get as many as 20 days in a summer that hit the 100+ mark.

It gets to 42 every summer in Perth, and it twice got to 47 when I lived there. That's in the shade of course. It's a fair bit hotter when you are out in the sun doing fieldwork. 10 litres water a day was normal

Heat - loathe it these days.

In the past (distant) in South Oz I've worked by hand - shovels & picks - burying pipelines in mid 40's and hitch-hiked thru the centre in temps over 50.

Now 25 is hot enough.

I can't wait for the cold, so gotta get a fix in Oz in a week or so. happyglass.gif

Well living in HK I'm quite used to hot, but I do like to go to cooler places. It's one of the things I love about winter in Japan.

Extremes experienced thus far:

* About 50C in Oz desert - keep ALL skin covered because it's literally hot enough to fry an egg on a shovel.

* -35C in Canada - ditto on skin. Blue sky day and the hairs in our noses were frozen solid! Now that's an experience.

* 38C & 98% humidity in the tropics - a tad uncomfortable. Always wet and impossible to dry gear.

A relative worked on the inland oil rigs - his stories of +55C temperatures lasting weeks are eye opening e.g. always wearing long clothes and helmets/gloves, can't pick up or lean on metal objects because they'll strip skin, etc. Lucky they have aircon huts!!

Personally, I like 15-20C temps.