Not much talk about nighta this year it seems. Do you go out? I'vve had a few times this year and it has been EMPTY. Literally just a few people on the hills with me. Time it right and it can be great.

I have not had the opportunity to visit any resorts with nightas this year but I have always liked nightas. Although only a small part of the course will be lit up, but what I like is that with the artifical lighting bearing down at different angles, it brings out the contours of the terrain more clearly. Whereas in daylight, especially on cloudy days, sometimes you don't know what to expect and have to rely on the reaction of your legs. All you can see is white ahead!

I've had some good nighta. Best one I've been to is at Ishiuchi in Niigata, they open up a really big area of the resort. If the snow is good, it's tops.

Manza Onsen! That's one of the places I want to go to. The gelande does not look interesting but the onsen is quite famous.

I hope you have time to enjoy the onsen there, slow.

Hi,

I agree. I've been there around 10 years ago. RotenBuro (open-air bath) of Manza Prince Hotel was the No.1 RotenBuro I've ever been. It has really beautiful scenary in daylight.

It is the No.1 Rotenburo for me, too!!

I thought it was the best place to take my "picky" friends.

Thanks, Marky! According to weather forecast, Manza will have lots of snow before we go, we will have a fun time there! ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by danz:
niseko has the best nighta I have seen anywhere in the world...quite magical on a powder-night...

otherwise, I tend to avoid them...

Well, am cruising up to Niseko with a bunch of Kyushu folk next week. As time will be short, we'll definately make use of any suberi time available.

Hoping to experience the magical!!

praying for snow.

Danz, are you refering to Niseko Hirafu? I've only tried the nighta at Niseko Higashiyama and was not particularly impressed. I thought the nighta at Rusutsu was pretty good though.

Frank drink one for me. Spent about ten years on and off in Bavaria. Schnider is good beer try some Ayinger weise its also pretty good. The one nice thing about Bavaria is it seems like every town has a brewery so there is never any shortage of good beer to be found. Next stop for me is Sapporo herd the beer there is good.

I used to night ski all of the time back in the states while in college. Cheap, fun and not bad terrain. Haven't done it in Japan. Up here in Aomori I've seen less than desirable places for it. Same with N. Iwate.

Oh, and this is the best place for night skiing that I know of. Beats anyting in Japan by far.. Mt Hood Ski Bowl, Oregon

Ski a day at Mt Hood beating yourself silly and hit this place up at night. Crazy terrain and it's lit up!

No nightlife really though....maybe japan does win \:D

I got soooooo disappointed...

Manza onsen doesn't have nighta on weekdays now. I didn't know that. When we got there, the snow condition was sooooooo nice.....

Manza onsen lost few points because of that.

But I still love there. The great onsen, good snow, delicious Sobako-pancake, many elderly people enjoy skiing. \:\)

Nightas can be convenient - I used the JR Seishun 18 ticket (slow boat) to go from Zushi to Iwa-parra, taking 6 hours to arrive at 5PM.

The nighta enabled me to do a practice session and experience heavy powder falls in COLD conditions with glimpses of the moon and stars - surreal! (Sunday March 7)

After an onsen and a late night bar session, I crashed in the waiting/sleeping rooms from 1 AM, had a 600 yen breakfast buffet, and was ready to start a new day.