I think the FAI have really excelled themselves (not)this time around!!! I think it would have to be the most rediculous/ludicrous rule changes since the grooved tyres were introduced.

READ: THEY SUCK

let me get this right, as i have only heard rumours and read no actual news article on it. have they gone ahead and removed all telemetry from the vehicles???? what century do we live in?? they may as well give shuey and the boys an old sterling moss car to race in!!!

this i believe is one of the biggest steps back the sport has ever made

I hadnt heard that - I just heard that there was no Sunday warmup and that qualifying is now in 2 sessions - and each driver goes out along....

klingon

uh there are a few changes/upsets in the grid so far, but it is only preliminary.

yeah it was on TV here in oz (and still is) not sure which "empire" you are in but channel 10 now has the F1 coverage (thank the lord) channel nine has given up on trying to cover motersport altogether and is concentrating on the foot(yob)ball as they always do (surprise Surprise). good thing since they have been doing a woefull job in the past few years!!!

sorry,

stand corrected here is the preliminary grid

20 Justin Wilson - Minardi

19 Antonio Pizzonia - Jaguar

18 Jos Verstappen - Minardi

17 Ralph Firman - Jordan

16 Ralf Schumacher - Williams

15 Mark Webber - Jaguar

14 Giancarlo Fisichella - Jordan

13 Heinz-Harald Frentzen - Sauber

12 Nick Heidfeld - Sauber

11. Cristiano da Matta - Toyota

10 Juan Pablo Montoya - Williams

9 Jarno Trulli - Renault

8. Olivier Panis - Toyota

7. Fernando Alonso - Renault

6. David Coulthard - McLaren

5. Jenson Button - BAR

4. Michael Schumacher - Ferrari

3. Jacques Villeneuve - BAR

2. Kimi Raikkonen - McLaren

1. Rubens Barrichello - Ferrari

I watched it too, and it was a good race to watch. I can't help but feel though that it was just the weather making it fun and next race we'll be back to the usual red car races.

frannyo,

well after being glued to the tv most of the weekend watching the action, i am a little convinced that the new rules will make the sport a little more enjoyable to watch and in saying that it certainly did make it a closer race! i am not saying that i agree with the new rules (in particular the telemetry hoo-haa.... thats crazy) mearly saying that it may make things closer. the teams will have to adapt to it, and maybe once they do then we may go back to the old days of scuderia 1 & 2 on the podium.

but all in all, it was one of the most enjoyable races in recent years!

congratulations go to mclaren.... hopefully they will be able to keep it up as the year progresses!!

bring on malaysia

I watched it too - interesting. Qualifying is a bore to watch, and like all yous said not sure how much new rules had to do with the race being interesting or not, but yeah is was one of the funner races of the last few years. Lets hope it continues.

OK what about this:

Saturday qualifying, sunny weather.

The slower cars from Friday go out and do their qualifying first, right?

But then suddenly it starts raining for the last races, those who were fastest on Friday.

What happens? Is it just tough luck, and they'll all end up at the back of the grid. Or what?