Well, none of them deal in cheese anywhere near as much as they should do, but I would say 7-11 is best of the lot.

Why a company would want to not appeal to all those Cheesefans out there looking for their delicious and nutritious cheese fix is beyond me. It just doens't make sense.

I am sure that the first conbini that looked after the hordes of cheesefans would be onto a good thing!

gotta go with the K, not listed but vying for world dominance in nagoya.

i like my local circle K cos they dont even try to put my stuff in a bag or whack a sticker on it. that is positive evidence that this skill can be learned!!

7-11 seem to be going crazy on 'service through speaking'. This means that the 17-year old bimbo that can barely write kanji is being taught some elaborate little politeness routine, but being wholly uneducated, she can't quite remember it all or get her tongue around it. When buying the Snickers and Yona Yona required for snowboarding, waiting for the cute but stupid girlie to finish drawing your attention to some wrapped pizza deal they have amounts to lost time. Yesterday I had to tell the girlie the other day to hurry up otherwise I would have missed the van. That is not convenient.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mogs--was that konbini near my house a Lawson's or am/pm?

I memorized it "on purpose" several times, but still can't remember...

I remember white flourescent lights, and a sign/in-store logo paint made up of blue and orange or red lines.

Erm...

confused.gif