I didn't click and I didn't listen. On the surface, I hate Linkin Park, but I have to admit they have some good tunes. They have basically taken the sound of 311, Rage, and Chili Peppers and made it in to their own pop-rap-reggae-punk sound for a new generation. Just as long as we're clear that they aren't orginal \:\) I'm sure I'll hear the new stuff on 91x out of San Diego. I listen to this station at work online all the time. LP ain't bad.

I've tried to listen to Linkin Park but I just can't take all that teenage frat-boy angst seriously. What are they always so unhappy about...?

That's not to say I don't like unhappy bands - Joy Division had some great songs. But Linkin Park just don't seem very convincing.

I've seen it.

When I was a student I spent many brilliant nights in the Hacienda and around Manchester, oh those were the days!

I think a smiley is appropriate here: \:\)

Ocean11: you might like the movie even if you weren't a big fan of Factory or Hacienda. There are lots of scenes of Tony Wilson (as played by Steve Coogan) doing local news reporting assignments.

I heard on the telly that Linkin Park were getting their fan club members to go out onto as many message boards as possible to spread word about the new album - cheap marketing. Perhaps Shellie is one such messanger. Intriguing. You'd think they didn't need that!

I like a lot of LP stuff, actually bought their first album and still drive around occasionally with it in the stereo, cranked up, doing a little drive by head banging.