I was just watching the tv just now and there was an advert for kiwi fruits. And they instructed us enthralled viewers how to eat a kiwi. So here you are, all you people in the dark:

Cut it in half

Get a small spoon. A teaspoon is fine.

Pick up one half of the kiwi

Scoop out some of the fruit flesh

Put in mouth and eat.

I found it to be very helpful and from now on will never have any further problems eating kiwifruit. I thought I would just pass that on.

That's 'kitanai'. I used to do that too, but now I'm a clean person.

Do not laugh too hard at the kiwi-eating instructions. The first time I saw a Kiwi eating a kiwi with a spoon, I was impressed and delighted. I like kiwi fruit but thought they were a hassle to eat because in the UK the SOP is (was?) to peel and slice them. I was pleased that I wouldn't have to bother with that any more. However, my wife informs me that this way of eating it is 'kitanai', although not as bad as eating the whole lot skin and all. Now that it has been made official with a TV ad, things might improve.

OK a bit of education is in order here:

kiwi = flightless bird, NZer, $NZ

kiwifruit = fruit with green insides and brown skin

They are different people!

I could make all sorts of crude jokes about "eating kiwis" but Im not that kind of person. Well actually I am.

in NZ now when you buy a pack of kiwifruit they sometimes come with a kiwifruit eating tool kind of a spoon thing but the side of the handle is serated and sharpish edge(for plastic anyway) so you can cut it in half and then eat it without having to carry a knife in your lunchbox.

in-jean-ii-iss

Quote:
Originally posted by zwelgen:
Ocean its been a long long time since I tasted a kiwi as well and I seem to have forgotten :p
I have no problems in being an experiement to refresh your mind! I can even supply the rope! \:D

I just bite into it with the skin. The skin can add a nice tartness to the often over sweet fruit. Plus the skin has greater vitamin value than the fruit. Some times I shave off excess fluff before eating it.