Just saw on T.V channel 4 a story showing the new "Top Thrill Dragster" coaster at Cedar Point in the U.S and..........DAMMMM!!! its looks awesome!!!!!!! 190kph, 120m high, enough for any adrenaline junkie to cream his pants!

For those of you that had trouble believing that I dated Lucy Liu in the late 80's, you may find this even harder to swallow...

I live close enough to Sandusky, Ohio to go there on a day trip. In fact I've been to Cedar Point many times...

But I won't drive there.

Why?

Because my rich stepbrother has a 12-meter boat with four beds and two showers in it, and 5-10 times every summer he takes it and a load of fun gals and guys down the Detroit River into Lake Erie (15 minutes), across Lake Erie (a couple of hours of drinking and sunbathing with assorted stops for tomfoolery like trying to wakeboard and water-ski off that giant boat, and nude drunken bathing etc.), and we dock at Cedar Point or Put-In-Bay on South Bass Island (a sort of Gas Panic island) and have a blast.

We sleep on the boat (or drink all night), then make our way home the next day.

It sure is a blast!

He recently found that a female friend's sister is a stripper, and went down to see her dance. She and her friends are now HIS friends and we are planning a stripper tour to Cedar Point and Put-In-Bay!

You can't bring booze into Cedar Point, but we just mix giant rum cokes in sports bottle coolers and carry them round as if they are soft drinks, getting more and more potted the whole time.

Sure wish you all could be there to share it with me!

Anyone care to organize a SJG trip to Ohio?

Heh.

I was just checking that Cedar Point ride on the web yesterday ('cause I went to FujiQ Highlands on Sunday and was checking where Fujiyama stood in the record books now).

Looks pretty sick:

draggy.jpg

drag3.jpg

bm: sounds like a sweet set-up you got going there!

holy shit that looks awesome!!! got such a mad rush from fujiyama and dodonpa- this ride would be crazy! bm- you lucky dog (about the boat, not so fussed about the strippers ;\) ). better give us a full report on the coaster.

How weird - I just brought back the other coaster thread. I rode the LaQua coaster and went to Fuji-Q last week as well. I am all jazzed on big coasters now and that one looks awesome. Maybe I should make a trip to Ohio...Bwahahaha - the reason they put those things out there is so the sad suckers that live there can actually have something fun to do. \:D

i rode the steel dragon at nagashima spaland 2 years ago, when it was the fastest roller coaster in the world. and i gotta say, it wasn't all that.

i dont get roller coasters confused.gif there was a nice view from the top, but i'm pretty sure i'm not going to die so the rush is minimal (some rush, but not much). then the ride is bumpy, and its over really fast. i have much more fun jumping off high things into water. and infinitely more fun snowboarding.

that twist at the top of this dragster device does look interesting, but i dont think i'll be paying to go on such a thing.

The dondonpa at FujiQ was awesome, I can honestly not think of anything to compare it to. I mean you go from 0 to 170km/h in under 2 seconds...

That one in Ohio looks great. My American geography sucks though, gonna have to get out a map to suss it out.

Likewise Mikazooki. If I know it's safe, it's just not the same.

Wouldn't ever go out of my way for a coaster, but if it's there i'll try it. Rarely found them to be worth the que though.

I hasten to add, however, that I might just be able to see a BMG tour to cedar point as not going out of my way ...

As for jumping off high places into water... contrary to popular believe, I find large 'locks to be a distinct problem...

Enderzero, ouch! \:D

Zooks, you may not want to ride this coaster, but you can snowboard down the damn thing in the winter.

Miteyak, your drink and vomit pouch await!

I am dreading the coaster, but the boat ride out should be a blast.

There are also plenty of young (18-25) well-proportioned wigglers in bikinis to look at too.

• 2 years later...