TIme it takes to get home - door to door

OK so I'm off back to sunny UK very soon, and it seems that quite a few people on here will too be out of Japan for part of summer. wave.gif

We've had the airline thread and stuff, but I was wondering how long it takes people to get from their house here in Japan to their destination.

Door to door (outskirts of Kobe to parents abode in the outskirts of Bristol) usually takes me getting on for 22 HOURS in total. Horrendous when you think about it!! eek.gif

How long for you?

Takes me about 12 hours. Live not too far from Narita and just 1 hour away from the airport the other end \:\)

rach, which outskirt of Bristol was that again?

It took me 24 hours last time (and since I landed on Christmas afternoon, I had a long evening of drinking, eating and talking ahead of me - no problem!)

the flights are around 14hrs, but it usually takes me about 24hrs to get back to the us from my apt in nagano. really sucks being so far from the airport. last summer when i was coming back to japan, a 6hr delay in toronto caused me to miss the chuo taxi from narita. so i had to stay in a hotel and i didnt finally reach my apartment til about 3pm the next day. travelling sometimes takes waaaaay too long.

Brizzul a? Well I'm in Cardiff so I'd imagine a similar time. But wait...no! eek.gif

Gettin here took:

20 mins to the airport from my place.

A 45 min wait.

1 hr to Amsterdam.

1 hr wait.

13 hrs to Kansai Airport.

About 40 mins to my box or should I say apartment....

16 and 15 mins but bearing in mind it once took me 9 hrs to get to Leeds on the train alone, I'm not complaining

It took me 30 hours from my home to Hakuba at Easter

Left home 0800 5/4/2003 to Glagow airport

Glagow 1310 to Birmingham

Birmingham to CDG Paris arrived1755

CDG Paris dept 2330 to Narita arrived 1805 6/4/03

Narita to Tokyo

Tokyo to Nagano

Nagano to Hakuba

I cannot remember the times from Narita to Hakuba but I arrived about Midnight Just about 30 hours eek.gif eek.gif

i just had a nightmare flight/missed flight/flight from germany to japan.

original flight scheduled to london from frankfurt but missed that flight due to freak storm, major traffic chaos etc. 1 and a half hour car trip took 4 hours and i missed my plane by 30 mins mad.gif

120 euro later, got a flight to vienna then onto tokyo, missing my london connection in the process. OK all the same as i still got here.

left my house at 5am, flight at 6.50..wouldnt want to miss it again so got there 1hr20m early. 1hr 30m flight to vienna with a 7hr wait for the next flight. 12 hours to narita and 2hr 35m to my house..

..the result is severe jetlag.

on my recent flight from naka-meguro to elmsdale, nova scotia it took me (including stop overs, land travel, immigration in vancouver (which is quite possibly the worst immigration ive been through) delays etc) close to a whopping 30 hours.

i blame the longevity all on air canada and canadian airports. air canada has stopped flying a large majority of their routes.

air canada has stopped flying direct narita-toronto so you have to fly narita-vancouver...and air canada has also stopped flying vancouver-halifax so then you have to fly vancouver-toronto-halifax.

the immigration took close to an hour to get through in vancouver so i missed my connecting flight.

all in all - one big nightmare.

my brother recently traveled from sydney-honolulu-vancouver-toronto-halifax and it took 42 hours eek.gif door to door. they also missed their connecting flight in vancouver but had to wait 6 hours for the next one.

im going to be doing the same thing at christmas time.

Flight time plus

- about 2 hours in Japan

- about 2 hours the other end

- time messing about in the airport

What do you do in that hour or 2 between checking in and boarding?