I have more trouble trying to decide what should into the "cans" bin. Obviously coke cans etc. no brainer there. What about tins of bake beans etc? what about alumium foil used to wrap food? what about odd bits of scrap metal - where do they go?

I seriously thought this was a trick question. No offense inteded but why would you put a WM or any fruit in non-burnable?

I agree db, about the cans, etc. My neighborhood is kind of strict and occasionally my gomi gets rejected. In most cases I don't for the life of me know why. so I wait 'till next week and put it in the gomi place at the building next to mine (the whole neigborhood seems to have picked this particular spot.) Oh, and I'm not kidding, there is a bed in there! lol.gif

i would take them out to a field sumwhere...then go to work on them with a bat...or maybe my ninja moves. of course, that's only what I would do...it's 7 o'clock at night and i've just woke up.u could always plant them...u know, give them the gift of life.

Well, db, no, I wouldn't burn watermelons at my own home. Are you recyling your own aluminum or using the city sanitation services to collect your disposable goods? If so, you've probably got 3 choices of what to do with them; burnable, plastics, or cans/pet bottles. If you live in a more inaka area it might get more detailed like which color of glass, etc. So assuming your not living on the farm and have limited choices, were you really stumped by which one to make?

Like I said, I didn't mean to offend. I thought the secret surprise answer was going to come up NON-BURNABLE and I'd be shocked about some new crazy city ordinance or something, that's all.

So much for common sense.