We are having a party next weekend and I want a good wine (the guests are pretty much into wine).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good red and white wine available in Japan?

Price isn't the most important although I don't want to become bankrupt over it - reasonably priced decent wine sounds good to me.

Cheers

French wines seem to be pretty cheap in Japan. It is really hard to find good wine from the west coast of America over there...and we all know that is where the best wines in the world come from.

They're easy to find here. \:D

There is a really good international wine shop in Shinjuku called Yamaya. Go out the south entrance and turn right. walk along Koshi-Kaido for about 1km and its on the right. lots of french reds of course, german whites, some good, by japaneses standard, aust and nz wines. Thety also have heaps of cheap european brand foods ie. pasta, biscuits, cheeses (for you cheesman) and all the party foods you may need.

I do enjoy a good sparkling white (champagne) and occasionally a nice chilled Riesling, but my favorite is certainly a spicy Cabernet Sauvignon or sometimes a nice Pinot Noir.

BTW, chill my red wine and you'll have a nice red stain down your apron, garcon.