• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the new Maidan and Volkl Sanouk

Both were so much money but both were so beautiful. Huge Freaking Skis. Between 80,000 and 100,000 yen

The cheapest Fat Ski I saw was the Bigstix 10.6 and they were 60,000. So not cheap. I didn't check out all the stores but most of them along the main street.

There may have been some last years Pistols but they would have been pricy as well.

I asked at all the stores for last years stock and they didn't have very much.

The cheapest fat skis I saw last year were the bigstix 106 in Sapporo for around 25-30,000. I didn't look to hard anywhere though last season so there should be better deals.

I saw the new Gotamas in Tokyo. Pretty nice. But they have pretty much the same dimensions as my bigstix and arn't as soft. I like a nice soft powder ski. Like a big land yaught going over speed bumps. Heaven. I want to go skiing so bad.

The Karma is taking the place of both the V-Pro and Explosive isn't it?

Still making the Explosive it looks pretty nice still. The Karama is the powder pipe rail ski. much the same as my dynastar LBF. There are 5 types of skis these days

skis 75 to 80mm waist

skis 85 to 88mm waist

skis 90 to 95mm waist

skis 95 to 105mm waist or there abouts

then the super fats 105 to 115 in the waist.

So many choices its hard to choose.

You can get so many types you can fit your style

easily. Skiing in Auz has increased and boarding decreased they say it is because of twins and better shaped skis.

I really want a ski in the 80-85 range. Already have the super fat. Need a mid fat.

It is funny though what is called fat now. 5 years ago 80-85 was considered fat. Now that is the norm for off-piste.

Thanks Toque,

I got some 181 AK Launchers and theyre really nice - mind you thats the fattest ski Ive been on consistently at 119-88-105. Problem was off the peak at Niseko it was just too short but down through Hana3 and Strawberries etc it was great in the trees. Will keep checking around for some 188s.

Yuki I buy all my super fats from Canada I can give you his contacts He has 180s and sometimes 190s. most skis over 95mm in the waist around 150 a pair the shipping fees are a bitch but for 35000man you get the best true powder boards, All be it not good for much else, Unless you get the explosives. the contact is.....

daveandb@telusplanet.net

Here is a link to stuff he might be selling its always changing

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12598

If your going for that deal Yuki. Do it quick. When I was in the market last year I emailed the guy after himming and Hawing over Fattwins deal and all that was left was some super crap fatts.

Get them though. Once you've had FAT you never go back.

And that is not anything related to Fattwins ;\)

The guy is a god. all be it if I lived in Canada I would call up all the heliski ops to see what they were throwing away too. that is what he does, but he also works in blue river which helps. Yuki the skis themselve usally around 150 to 200 with demo binders the shipping the same price. The catch is the more you buy the shipping stays much the same. give him an email every once in a while tell him you know that a guy from japan told you about him and he will tell you his stock. Also if you have a buddy from canada or America coming he can ship it to him or her and then the shipping fee is 25 bucks or 50 bucks I think.