• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fatter you go the less length youll need. I would love a pair of seth pistols at 185 but 190 is pushing it to just ripper turns. I want 190 super fats for the peaks around nagano to outrun and huck things. 180 with a waist of 100mm plus is like an 88mm waist ski at 190 cms or more. the 180s have more swing to them too.

Thanks for the info. Mine are 119-88-105 and Id like something fatter and longer than my 180s. I figure just getting something like the Pistol at 189 would satisfy what Im looking for. Maybe some Motherships as theyre pretty damn big too.

Maybe some 185 AK Rockets would fit the bill but I dont think theyre much fatter than my AKs. I need to get on the net and do some homework. Cheers!

that is Jason L the line man. The prophets look good but they are only making maybe 1000 or less.

Going to pros and AK heli companies so from what I heard 100 might hit the stores and that is from the mouth of Jason L. He did a live Interview about the skis.

You can order DB skis which are 142 / 120 / 127

SKI_f2.gif

http://www.dbskis.com/site/index.php

Pricy but if I had the bucks I would do it and considering that most skis are only a 100 bucks its not bad. You can also choose flex and other things.

The new motherships come in 2 types the lite and the titanium price 150 bucks less for the lite

Hmm that sounds like a plann there toque too bad the prices are so high and I couldnt con my mother out of a cookie.

Im thinking of resort guiding instructing ie tours and stuff. Then in the summer river guiding

Just looking around their site. Stumbled across it.

db rep program

db Referral/Sales Rep Program

Drakeboinay depends on dedicated skiers to spread the gospel. We have set-up a sales rep program that allows skiers in-line with the db vision to generate income while skiing. The program is what you make of it. It can lead to a good time, rent money, free skis, a winter income, or a career.

Who can be a sales rep?

Anyone with a passion for the sport who believes that their opinion matters when it comes to influencing other's gear selection.

Step 1

Purchase a pair of skis:

Drakeboinay was founded in a lean, entrepreneurial spirit. In a very competitive industry, we simply can't afford to give away free skis; the risk is too great. So, we ask our sales reps to share our same spirit by purchasing their first pair of skis at full price*. If they succeed in referring customers, they will soon be reimbursed for their skis.

*The only exception is if you are working as an accredited backcountry/heli guide or ski patroller. We will discount the initial pair to USD $600 excluding shipping. In this case, we know that you will be in constant and direct contact with potential clients.

The $200 discount to guides/patrollers is overall minimal and only applies to an initial order, and can be easily made up by a non-guide/patroller rep.

Step 2

How it works:

As soon as you have bought a pair of skis, and have decided to enter the Referral Program, you can request cards from db on which you can write your name and personal referral code #. These cards can be distributed to potential customers, pinned on message boards, etc.

We will speak to you on the phone to make sure you are up to speed on the facts regarding the skis, and help you with any questions regarding the company and its product. You will give us your checking account # and bank routing number, so we can transfer your accrued commissions to you.

You are now free to ski around and talk them up. Whenever anyone is interested in the skis, you can offer them your referral code # to use when they purchase. It's a low-pressure deal, because the referral system works as a win/win situation for both the customer and rep. The customer receives 5% off of the list price of skis when using your number and you get a USD $50 commission on each pair sold with your number. The perspective buyer has good incentive to hold onto your number and contact information, or they will loose the discount.

On a quarterly basis, your commissions will be tallied up and transferred to your account.

So, as an example: your efforts result in 20 people ordering skis during the course of the season. At the end of the quarter, we will transfer USD $1200 into your bank account.

Free Skis…

From the date at which you purchase your first pair of skis, you will have one calendar year to log in 12 sales to earn a free pair. If you sell an additional 12 pairs for a total of 24 referred skis, you will receive 2 more free pairs, for a total of 3 free pairs for the year. So, for example, if your are able to log in 24 referrals with your number in one calendar year, you will earn:

$1400+ 3 pairs of free skis.

If you do not achieve the 12 or 24 benchmark in one calendar year, your sales numbers toward the free ski incentive will be reset to 0 for the subsequent calendar year.

Referral Code Restrictions:

*referral codes cannot be published on the internet, unless within a paid advertisement, but can be used for private emails.

*if you want to run an advertisement on the internet/print media featuring your code and the related customer discount, db will pay for all graphic/ad design, based on pre-approval of media.

Taking it to the next level

db is a young company that anticipates growth. We need people to run demosets, hold events, and become dbskis.com web-advertised regional reps that customers can contact for demos. If you succeed in selling 24 skis in your region, and see the potential for doing more, we will interview you at that point for a more involved position.

Hmm sounds good but you still got to fork out the 100000 yen to get a pair. If I was to do that I would need all of the skis the 3 different types.

Will send them an email though to check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Our local place has new gear in this weekend, and they had a special order first offer on as well. Not a discount, but if you spend 50,000 you get 20000 yen worth of vouchers to use in their shop. Offer on until tomorrow I'm still thinking it all over.

• 4 weeks later...

Dude I had an operation on my tummy so Im outta action just sitting at home downloading TV and movies then watching the shit. Last week the kayaking was about as good as it gets and I missed it all so bummed. On top of the injury fat I have to loose I now must loose operation fat SSHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT. Have a nice walk dude be carefull the ground is so dry and this heavy rain is causeing landslides everywhere watch out down near the rivers. The ground cant soak up the water.

That's a beautiful pair of skids there slow. You should definitely get them! You could wear that old 50's skiwear (in black and white), and rip it up in modern style. Looking at them almost makes me want to give it a go.

(We have some bamboo out the back ... hmmmm.....) \:\)

• 3 weeks later...