Like Alien? Then take a look at this...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It came yesterday.

Not too keen on the packaging, they could have done a more fitting "deluxe" job on it I reckon. It folds out until its about 2 meters in length. It would have been better having them in a book-like arrangement (like the ST:DS9 ones).

alienquadbox02.jpg

But anyway, started on Alien last night. Looks awesome.

Different artwork and box set layout than the ones we got here. The ones here are a book like thing like you mention which is pretty tidy but also pretty flimsy and fragile. The clear "pages" of the box set seem to have a tendancy to fall off.

I like the artwork on the one you have better. Much nicer.

You're all complete nuts. The first film was tolerably good, if a somewhat slender basis for one whole film. And now it's become 9 disks of something or other and you're arguing about how flimsy the little plastic sleeve is? You're definitely victims of something.

Jesus Christ.

:rolleyes: So you're not into the Alien films. So what?

Victims of something?!?! eek.gif Jesus Christ, as you might put it, that's ridiculous.

As for this:

Quote:
The first film was tolerably good, if a somewhat slender basis for one whole film.
lol.gif Well, we'll just have to completely disagree about that. :p
 Quote:
The first film was tolerably good, if a somewhat slender basis for one whole film.
Bang. There goes his credibility. lol.gif

The 1st was a classic, one of the best films out there.

The 2nd Cameron one a classic too, in a different louder way.

Less said about the 3rd and particularly the 4th the better. ;\)

What about the staples in that little booklet thing that it comes with? Are there two, or three? Are they well made?

When I watched the first Alien, I knew exactly who was going to die from the start, because there are a whole genre of films of the same sort, and they're made according to a formula. Not that I cared a jot who was going to die, because issues like that are not important in films of that genre.

So this formulaic film that is so typical of its genre is a 'classic'? O-ho-ho. I scorn the poverty of your culture.

I hope the little booklet is well constructed and stands the test of time.

Geeks.

Sensitive geeks.

wave.gif

You could put some slime on that little green house plant you've got there fukdane, and make it a bit more classic.

I'm off to buy some milk with a nice Puffy disk in my CD. I wouldn't go so far to say they were 'classic' because that would make me appear ignorant of the wider culture.

I doubt that is fukdanes photo there (hence not his plant), but thats beside the point.

Well, as someone obviously not quite as emotionally involved in this dispute, this box set looks like a real treat for people who really like the films. I won't be getting it, but if some of my fave movies got that lavish a treatment I would sure be tempted.

It's just a matter of taste.

(As is liking Puffy eek.gif )