How much did you pay for your last shaken. I've got 9 months on my car until it needs the dreaded shaken. Of course it all depends on A, B, C etc but to give me an idea of how much I might need to splash, please tell me how much your last one was (total cost including all the taxes and other stuff that gets bolted on).

Cheers fellow Car Owners. \:D

from what i've heard from people around me 10-15 man sounds about right. depends on how much (if any) work is needed on your car. if you're going to be selling the car with about a year or so of shakken, you can get some of it back.

k cars depends we paid about 80000 last time. Our car is quite old about 9 to 10 years hard to give it up. We needed to rust proof the undercarriage last time.

The news did say the new shaken will be 3 years for old cars and 4 years for new cars. From when I dont know.

Quote:
Originally posted by mina2:
Including all the tax and stuff that goes with it, about 140,000 yen. Thats with nothing major need doing to the car.
shaken is all tax! but @ 140k someone is getting ripped!
If you go to a dealer usually you will pay 150k+.
Find a cheaper place that goes around 8man~ for a 4 cylinder car and not much more for a 6.

Be careful where you take it. Lots of places do what they can to persuade you to change parts that do not NEED changing. And if you know nothing about cars it can be a real problem, not really knowing what to do. Ask some J friends where they go, they all probably know a good place they use. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Govt. charges & tax are standard country wide(I think)

K-car about 3.3 man

Small car about 5.4 man

Medium car about 6.7 man

Large car about 7.3 man

A common discount service checking fee is about

2.5 man ( a little cheaper for K's)

So this makes a good price for a big car like my hilux 10 man.

These days I'd never pay more than that and you shouldn't either. The dealers are the worst culprits. Shop around - the big auto shops like autobacs, yellow hat, ratchet monkey etc should be fine to deal with.

Remember these prices don't include parts, repairs etc.

Good luck. \:\)

Indosnm..

I'm sure nori-chan got down under the car and checked all the parts, yeah. Trained mechanic an' all.

120K or round that for a fairly old K car that needs some things doing to it is probably the norm, I would say.