I had a Mc Donald Mc Grand today. Almost embarrassed to say it, but it was quite good. (I was very hungry, will that do as an excuse lol.gif ).

Washed it down with a C2 - coz I don't compromise, me - its about getting what I want (and having what I needed) lol.gif

I want to know how they can get away with those pics they use. They are so different from what you get.

THE AD:

bigmac.jpg

THE REALITY (and this is a flattering pic):

bigmac.jpg

Those pics they use in ads and on menus are all McBollox.

Why aren't false advertising laws applicable here?

Out of sheer desperation I had a Mc Grand on sunday and predicably it was absolutely hideous. The people on here who said they actually liked the taste of this abomination simply shock me. What else do you enjoy the taste of, shit on toast? As someone who enjoys cooking and the use of quality ingredients, herbs and spices I am offended that this could even be called food. And Rach is sooooo right, after I recieved my Mc pile-o-shit I took it back up to the counter, held it up against the advertising poster and politely asked if there was any resemblence. I had not eaten Mc crap for two years and a vow never to darken the door again. The palid colour of the burger was enough to make me sick. Get some taste buds people ;\)

Rach, Esteemed Dims-samma et al,

Indeed false advertising is an issue here. The first offence is advertising Mcdonalds as food. Excuse my broken record habits, but just because you can buy, chew and swallow something does not make it food. Just as a dead walrus is not sex partner, Mcdonalds is not food.

Wake up and stop eating that shit. Of all the amazing tastes in the world why f*ck a dead walrus? Its all the same to me. Makes me sick just hearing about it.

If I cant appeal to your taste buds the what about your sense of well-being and health? Shiny hair, bright eyes and elastic skin, acceptable body odour, fresh breath, sex drive, stamina etc etc do not come from eating macdonalds.

What about your sense of aesthetics? There is not one sensory appealing aspect to the interior of a mcdonalds shop. They look, sound and smell ugly, customers included. Buying from a drive thru is just as bad. Opening a car window, barking an order at the face of a fibreglass clown to a pimply kid who then hands a smelly bag of grease through the exhaust fumes is hardly the best life has to offer. Sure, the best is not always within reach but we all work hard and life is short: enough reason to strive for the best experiences in life. Drive thru dining doesn't cut it. I am not able to avoid paying income tax and politicians are a terrible let down as well. Not much can be done about these sad and unappealing facts of life. What I am sure of though is that I can improve on many other things and you WILL see me cross a road rather than walk past and smell/see the inside of a mcdonalds shop.

Obviously I have strong opinions and sorry if I offended anyone.

Hate to sound like a cheerleader but Fking-A db. Well said!

The only reason I went in there is because a friend of mine had a very tired and hungry little boy and insisted she hop in for a really quick bite, and as always, the whole experience made me feel crap.

In addition to the reasons stated by db above, how about the economic strife that this vendor-of-excrement causes? (Yes I have read "Fast Food Nation"). And then there is the Disney-like exploitation of children.

Next time you are tempted by the fruits of Ronalds loins please think it over, you will feel better for it!

I won't mention the time or the place but I was involved in some rather telling McVandalism in my crazier days. Woke up the next day with little memory of the night before to be greeted in the kitchen by Ronald, Grimace, Hamburgular and the Drive-Thru entry arrow. Nothing a sledgehammer couldn't fix. LSD is a hell of a drug! eek.gif

Quote:
Can anybody tell me what's wrong with this picture?
quote from "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas upon receiving his pathetic sloppy bigger and holding it up towards the picture of beautiful delicious looking burger on the menu.
Classic movie.

Maccas what more can I say thats already been eloquently stated already?
Ate a McDee burger at LAX before returning to NZ on a long haul flight 7 years ago. I had eaten way too many in the previous weeks, its an easy, fast ubiqutous and cheap lunch when travelling on the cheap.
But that one final burger was the final straw I felt ill and disgusted eating it, threw it away half eaten and that was that.
I can count the # of times I have eaten a golden arch burger since on one hand.
So many other things I would much rather eat.

the only good thing about mcdonalds is that its one of the few places you can use the toilet without having to be a paying customer. clean public bathrooms are dwindling in numbers, and if you can get past the mcgrease smell the mctoilets usually do the job.