Using a derivative of the Scouser mcdonald theory:

Depending on how pissed you are, any kebab is good.

In fact, consumption of a dirty kebab 2 hours before going to bed is the popular choice for avoiding a monster hangover the next day. A bad hangover which may in turn may force a McWhyThe****DidIEatThatBurger kind of bad decision within 2 hours of getting out of bed. We owe the kebab greatly, for it helps us avoid bigger mistakes the next day.

Kebabs. Yum. A good one you do not need a hangover for. Some you most certainly do. I can recommend some fabulous kebab places in t'Pool if anyone ever wants to know. \:D

I'm making kebabs for a bbq at my mates bar this Sunday July 4th. Not the kebabs you guys are talking about though, just marinated meat on a skewer. Lamb and chicken amongst other things, live music and djs playing reggae/dub etc. If anyones interested let me know.

there's a kebab place in harajuku, near the new balance store, HMV and starbucks. i dont even know the name of the road. anyway, its pretty decent - i dont have much to compare it to but they have a nice hot sauce.

i also remember seeing a few kebab trucks skattered around akhihabara (sp?) but i havent been there for quite some

Davo, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to your kebab party, but if I send you one of my shirts, would you mind dribbling some yoghurt and chilli sauce down the front of it for me? For old time's sake. Thanks.

What exactly are these Kebabs?

I know the ones Davo is talking about but do the Japanese have a better one?

You should also spill some beer on the shirt as well. A good bbq is not complete without the smell of beer on your clothes.

They'd be talking about the ubiquitous doner kebab. A pita bread with a bit of salad, stuffed with shreds of meat(?) cut from a vertically placed cylindrical, rotating roasting block. Add chilli sauce, etc. to taste.

The origins of the meat are dubious, but they certainly used to taste damned good ofter a night on the town. Cheap too, with our local charging around 1.80UKP for a pita stuffed with at least a pound of, err, meat.

Ah, the old sawed off frying pan! Natsukashii. How many times in my life have I suddenly 'come to' in a kebab shop and wondered how the hell I got there. And then wondered how I can get myself a sawed off frying pan.

I shall have to become reacquainted with doner kebabs over the summer. They certainly pack more flavour than tofu.

Don't worry Ocean11 you'll be able to smell it all the way down there in Shikoku. What I'm cooking is way good and about as far removed from happyhappy's picture as you can get. Not that there's anything wrong with that type of kebab if you've got a skinfull of beer. You don't need sauce with my kebabs, it's all in the marinade.

HappyHappy's pic really does look like a roasting leg from a tanned Can-Can dancer. And you can almost see elvis pointing his elvis point in the stainless steel on the left of the leg. yeah, elvis.

Good idea Yuki's Passion. I'd be up for it and it'd be cheaper than the one I'm doing this weekend cause it's at a bar and you can't BYO. I'm sure some of the other Kansai peeps will be into it as well. Probably better to do it sometime after everyone gets back from summer break, although it's not like I get one or anything.

Sometimes if I couldn't quite finish off a kebab on the night, I'd wrap it up and stuff it in the fridge for the morning. Eating a cold kebab with congealed grease on it was a very good way of establishing whether or not you could get through the early stages of the hangover without throwing up.

My friends thought this was intolerable behaviour, but you don't know how good something can be until you actually try it. Really.

Best kebab I ever had was in Birmingham (UK). Amazing it was. Juicy, saucy, big - I was a bit drunk at the time but they aren't usually my type of food. This one was good. I'll try and remember the name of the place, it was supposed to be real famous for them.