Definitely.

Here is a guy who is either a complete loser (if he did indeed desert), or a victim of a criminal state.

In the first case, what is the point of punishing him? The US army is proud to be a volunteer force, so why punish the occasional deserter? It's not fear of punishment that keeps soldiers loyal. It all smacks of the 18th century press gang. In the second case, it's in the interests of all countries involved to find out what happened.

But the real disgrace is that Japan is an extremely loyal ally of the US which is going against its own constitution to send troops to Iraq primarily for the satisfaction of the US. Japan has an intense interest in sorting out this issue with NK, and yet the US is standing in the way for the sake of one corporal. How many corporals have they lost in Iraq? US troops are stationed in Japan, and yet the US won't budge an inch on this issue.

Just one more reason why Japan needs independence from the US.

I think it was our friend Fox who were going on about recently about 2 American military types who had deserted to Canada - but Canada don't seem interested in doing anything about it. So you've got the "Boycot Canada" talk bullshit starting.....

It always comes back to Canada.

A quick google search using the words Boycott Canada brought up 183,000 sites. Didn't realize so many people hated us.

Just like the SouthPark movie. Blame Canada lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
It always comes back to Canada.

A quick google search using the words Boycott Canada brought up 183,000 sites. Didn't realize so many people hated us.

Just like the SouthPark movie. Blame Canada lol.gif
I dont hate you Toque \:D
In fact, Im originally from Texas (If you don't know Texans are mighty proud of their state) and I'd much rather LIVE in Canada!

No! he's an idiot but he's a father now. Punishment enough should be his life in North Korea for the past (ippai)?? years. He's old, sick, and of no harm to anyone. Grant him his amnesty, I say! But get him off of the news for goodnes sake, I'm tired of him taking up quality NHK news time. eek.gif

Fushigi

10 days ago - walking up stairs ok in North Korea

Yesterday - looking about 95 and could hardly walk.

Suddenly got worse, or just bad acting? Thats what our local tv newscasters just said - quite surprised to hear that.

• 1 month later...