Hi there

OK our chat is now online.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/chat.html

Just a few points:

- we're giving it a fairly quiet launch now, and will gradually be linking it up and announcing it to more people next week and beyond. This applies all the time, but don't expect it to be always full of people at any one time. (When we were testing last week, even though over 200 people checked it out, the most people online at any one time was 5 or 6).

- as it is still early on, if we have any problems at all, we might have to take it offline for a short time (or more) - you'll know if that is the case because it won't be there!

- for more info and some help check out the following page:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/chat-help.html

- if you can't login for some reason, the two most common issues might be that you don't have "java" on your browser (you will need that enabled), and/or you are trying to login with the incorrect username and password. You need your Forum username and password to login.

Anyway, enjoy!

I'm using a firewall and router, and saw this in the FAQ:

"Users behind firewalls may need to inform their local IT/network administrator to allow TCP connections on the port in use by our Chat. "

So, what port is it using??

to green - and all the other people who might have logged in to find no-one there......

Just looking at the transcripts from today, 73 people have logged in to the chat since early morning. A fair number of those have logged in, found no-one else there, and logged out again.

There are basically 2 ways to use this new application:

a) login and just hope someone will be there

or

B) arrange with friends a time when you should all login / login during one of the official "chat session" that we hope to organise during the season

a) works with the forums of course, but not often with a chat application - its just the nature of a chat appplication, as you need everyone to be there at exactly the same time. But we don't think it's realistic to expect the chat to be full of people chatting away all the time - and hope that the idea of planning times to chat and organising sessions will take off.

But whatever, we hope that people enjoy it.

\:\)

Or jsut log in and leave yourself logged in while you are at your computer.

Its no use having everyone looking to see who is in there and not logging in cos its empty.

Someone has to be first.

Is there a way to ensure that when you log in, your user name is not shown? My login id is not my forum handle.... and nor has it ever been. My login id is my first name and I do not want that appearing on chat.

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Stag:
Its no use having everyone looking to see who is in there and not logging in cos its empty.
Someone has to be first.
Good idea - Ill try that now... \:\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by Yuki's Passion:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Stag:
Someone has to be first.
Good idea - Ill try that now... \:\)
And look at the trouble that got you into lol.gif :p