Quote:
Originally posted by SnowJapan.Com#2:
You can make a new account on the forums here with an almost identical name, and just use that for chat...
Oh, a new chat handle. You mean something like "db is a super model"

Sad, but chat is no good for me as it only works on my home computer and when I am at home you guys (ie, Japan) are in bed. I looked at it last night and no one was there. Funny how Chat resembles life: Empty lonely yellow screen. Anyone ever heard the lovely song "Ballade of Lady and Bird" by the French duo Lady and Bird? That is how I felt. Hello, it's me, can you see me?! *Jump off a bridge* ....aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, its cold, its all in your mind.

I think I am big time losing it ;\)

ps - I strongly recommend Lady and Bird.

I think its great. Got a mate down in Kyushu, we've had a few online chats so far - decide the time, go in there, open up a private window. Great stuff.

It's unrealistic to expect tons of people in there whenever you go.

Quote:
It's unrealistic to expect tons of people in there whenever you go.
You're right, scouser, although looking at the transcripts there have been quite a lot of conversations going on over the last few weeks between people who just meet "by chance".

Also looking at the records, it is often its the case that people login, find no-one, then logout within seconds (often complete with some "hey no-one here" signing-out comment). Then another person does the same a minute or two later. Then another half an hour later. Everyone missing each other.

Good if you can catch someone in there by chance, but the best way to make the most of it will most likely be to make arrangements. \:\)
  • SnowJapan Admin

Don't worry, sunrise, it's only a quick glance at them to make sure people aren't doing anything illegal and don't need banning for life and reporting to the appropriate authorities. mad.gif lol.gif

Happily, we do have more things to do than sit down and study conversation transcripts.

(Good conversation you had going there, though! lol.gif )

After reading some suggestions sent in to us, we've modified the chat so that now whenever someone posts a message, a small beep can be heard.

Don't worry! You can turn this beep sound off by clicking on the speaker icon within the chat. If you don't delete cookies on your machine, next time you use the chat it should remember that "off" setting, so you shouldn't need to do that every time.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.