I'll tell you the real meaning of hot:

36,7 degrees (thursday, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka) humidity 83%. outside, that is.

I am one of the lucky ones who works at a foundry.

We cast iron at 1500 degrees, 3 times a day.

The molds works just like a good old radiator, and on a good day, like last thursday, we get 65 degrees inside.

on days like that, i try to picture my favorite slope with virgin powder snow, ungroomed and uncrowded. Then the shacho's not so clever son come and ask me to do overtime.....

can i score some pity?

atb

sweaty pants

ma-natu-bi is litterarly ma=true natu=summer bi=day. It's hard to explain but it's a day that is 30 degrees/plus and 8-10 hours of such heat.

The opposite is MAFUYUBI. which is esier to explain...it's a day that doesn't go above 0 degrees.

These are terms that are usually uttered in weather forcasts and not everyday life. (I think0

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
ma-natsu-bi is litterarly ma=true natsu=summer bi=day. It's hard to explain but it's a day that is 30 degrees/plus and 8-10 hours of such heat.

The opposite is MAFUYUBI. which is esier to explain...it's a day that doesn't go above 0 degrees.

These are terms that are usually uttered in weather forcasts and not everyday life. (I think0
 Quote:
Originally posted by Thunderpants:
I'll tell you the real meaning of hot:
36,7 degrees (thursday, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka) humidity 83%. outside, that is.
I am one of the lucky ones who works at a foundry.
We cast iron at 1500 degrees, 3 times a day.
The molds works just like a good old radiator, and on a good day, like last thursday, we get 65 degrees inside.

sweaty pants
Wimp!! Do some real mans work. Girly-Pants more like it ;\)

(please note sarcastic tone)

db, \:D

2 people passed out at work yesterday, very entertaning

imagine you being here

foundry.jpg

anyway, can't complain about the salary

I spent 10 years working in offices and a.c'd server rooms in my former life, and i don't miss it at all!

only 2 more months to go before temperature (hopefully) goes down below 30

Quote:
The official definition of 'manatsubi' is a day when, if you got the chance to peel and mount a yukata babe without aircon, you would consider passing it up.
lol.gif Another classic from O11 (but I disagree, of course).