Over here, many of the ladies wearing miniskirts and "showing off" midriffs are absolutely not suited to it and should not be doing it. Blubber town. I can imagine miniskirts in Japan is a very delightful thing to behold ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by BagOfCrisps:
I can imagine miniskirts in Japan is a very delightful thing to behold ;\)
yes O packet of chips it certainly is.
Last week I saw a mini skirt that was from the Juicy brand - a recently very fashionable brand to wear. Written across the back of the mini skirt it said "its all about Juicy". \:D

excellent Smithers
6.gif

I'm a mini skirt fan as well. It's a nice break going to Tokyo or other big cities and seeing som e older women wearing them. In my town the only girls wearing short skirts are my students...

I kind of like the winter look though with the boots clap.gif

ooooooooh........LOVE THA BOOTS!!!!!! clap.gif

I am going to miss the boots, and the minis. All my australian friends who left Japan and headed back home recently are saying the aussie girls are too fat. I'll have to wait and see, but your eye does get trained to the thin Japanese build........especially in a mini with THE BOOTS. \:D

It is acceptable behaviour to jam your hand right up a mini skirt isn't it? I just wanted to check because I've been getting some startled responses lately.

Before I went back to England, I got thrown out of a bar in Matsuyama for sitting in the window facing the street and being friendly with the constant stream of beautiful women in the street (roughly half of whom initiated the exchanges I might add). In England, I saw exactly 2 beautiful women.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
In England, I saw exactly 2 beautiful women.
Lucky Old Boot you are then. I am still waiting to see my second good looking woman in this country.

I am loath to say it, but I miss Japan where the average everyday girl had a twist of cute in her appearance and a slim undercarriage as well.
 Quote:
I am still waiting to see my second good looking woman in this country.
Yes.... we weren't able to meet up there, were we db. Sorry about that! \:\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by Dear Britain:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
In England, I saw exactly 2 beautiful women.
I am loath to say it, but I miss Japan where the average everyday girl had a twist of cute in her appearance and a slim undercarriage as well.
Looks like I'll get ripped for this, but...is the twist you're talking about the fangs, the diaper butt or the fried hair? There are some beautiful Japanese women, but on a whole I don't find them that great. I'd equate it with being in Germany. No, that's harsh. Being in Missouri.

If someone can unlock the mystery of 'skinny' over here, they'd be a millionaire. Damn they eat a lot and seem not to gain an oz. Must be the eating rice with chopsticks thing....I kid... \:\)

and yet so many of those 'skinny' gals think they're fat. Dieting fads here are crazy, and I've talked to a number of J women with not an ounce of extra flesh on them who believe they're fat and need to go on a diet or are already on one. confused.gif

I put 5kg while I was living in England with hostfamily but I didn't think I was fat because other women are much bigger than me. When my sister and mom visited me, they said you are big!! Yes, I realized it when I came back to Japan. I couldn't keep that weight and lost 5kg in 3months. But I still like my photos in England, I look much healthier and happier. ;\)

I didn't see many women wearing skirt in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

good thinking DS...lets get this post back on topic.....miniskirts are great!!!!!

Though I did see an old mutton dressed like a lamb the other day....trying to squeeze herself into a mini mini and only succeeding in spilling out...."Fashion Police, over here please". \:D

I had a lot of black stockings and short skirts when I was at college, it was almost a uniform - very popular. Don't see it as much now...