Has anyone here ever been hypnotised.

I have. A few years back and it was a strange experience. My friend has it on video.

I am not an onion fan, but I happily ate a whole onion as if it were an apple. I also did some other things that made me look very foolish - like kissing a bloke and acting like a monkey and other animals. Lots of it harmless "fun", I was sceptical before it happened but that experience changed me.

So you're saying those people on TV getting hypnotized with a large group of people is actually real?

I had a hard time believing that, and I see no reason why not to believe you since you're not trying to promote any type of service... hmmm, maybe I'll learn how to hypnotize people, could be pretty fun clap.gif

I would NEVER let anyone do that to me, oh no. I'll watch other people do stupid stuff though! lol.gif At colleage I saw a group of people being very silly being hypnotised, one was a friend of a friend and they said that they didn't know what they were doing.

Perhaps you have to 'believe' to be able to be hypnotized or something like that.

I don't know if this is true, but I heard of an x-rated one way back. The people who had been hypnotized were told to suck each others dicks (all blokes, all hetro) ----- and actually DID. eek.gif Stuff like that.

I've been hypnotized twice. Both times in front of large groups of people. First time I had a video of (before my little brother taped over it with the final episode of "Cheers.") I was instructed to BE Jon Bon Jovi and sing "You give Love a Bad Name" among other things. I'm not a Bon Jovi fan but somehow pulled it off and even signed Bon Jovi autographs afterwards.

We were told that not everyone is hypnotizable. The second time I was hypnotized was without the blinking light. The hypnotist just instructed us to look somewhere at the ceiling of the auditorium we were in and stay fixated on it while listening to his words. I remember nothing.

I had a chance once to be hypnotized on the radio, live, once but had to work and couldn't make it. After watching the video of the first time I was hyptnotized I showed it to a law school mate of mine at the time and he became convinced that with proper studies, he could hypnotize any fine lady into doing exactly as he told them to do. I've since lost touch with this guy...but look for him every now and then when an Amber Alert is reported... eek.gif

The hypnotist used a red blinking light and "talked us down." But basically, I've learned, you can focus on anything and be talked into hypnosis...but like I've said, according to the hypnotists I've spoken to, not everyone is hypnotizable. I think if your sort of a hyperactive kind of person it's more difficult. It depends on your attention span.

I've also been hypnotised quite a few times. An old friend of my family hypnotises people just for fun, as opposed to professional hypnotists (??). This guy puts people out by drawing a small black dot on their hand and then slowly raising the hand to their face whist talking kind of smoothly to the person.

As kintaro said, not all people are able to go under. I've also done it in a club with a group of people. Lots of would be 'subjects' were rejected by the hypnotist. Those chosen had to do various funny and silly things for the amusement of others. It's true, when under yu do all kinds of crazy stuff.... lol.gif

kintaro, or anyone else, have you seen Martin St James ? this guy does a club gig type of thing.

I went to big hypnontist show at my University and was one of the ones who got hypnotised. I remember it all very clearly and the stuff I did.

Was I really hypnotised? (coz I can remember everything, but then again I have a vivid memory even when grossly intoxicated) or was I faking? I went along with it and did some really bizarre stuff because I had an golden excuse for acting like an ass. Maybe perhaps I wanted to believe I was hypnotised and went along with it all because I felt compelled to and didnt want to ruin the show. Or maybe I was truly hypnotised! whatever I made a few of my friends piss their pants over it.

pretend to be a dog sniff a hot chick like a dog and bark etc, try/struggled to lift a chair that magically weighed a ton.

Become obsessed to get an object of another hypnotee during the performance ( a distraction to the main act)

I wasnt one of the best so the guy didnt use me so much during the show.

It was a cool feeling, I felt invincible and wasnt embarrassed at all at anything I did, it was a like Harry Potter had put a happy charm on me.