I hardly ever buy clothers here. Not only about price (seems expensive compared to back home) but also sizes & style just don't turn me on so to speak.

I remember someone on here though saying they do and just wondering where they do that? Perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong places. (

I mast admit that I do shopping here in Japan almost at the level of a fashion victim!!!

If you live in Tokyo you have a vast selection of shops and areas to go shopping. I my self prefer to go shopping at the Harajuku-Omotesando area. They have all the brands I could find back home and sometimes the prices are better than abroad. It depends of course from your stile. You cal also check the Simokitazawa area for some cheap shoes and second hand clothes or the Sinjuku department stores if you have that extra money to spend! ;\)

Unfortunately I don’t know much about Fukushima. \:\(

Suits and shirts tailor-made here (bespoken, for the philistines among you). Value for money if you ask me, compared to similar quality in the UK or Australia.

Recently, in Japan, i've been able to find more brand XXL, a few brands covering practically all I wear. Finding decent clothes is not just a Japan problem, though. In England and Australia, one seems to have a choice of stylish and tiny or big shapeless baggy crap.

As soon as I have some time, I plan to get some computer tailor software and make my own stuff.

I don't buy clothes here at all for a number of reasons. Not too keen on whats on offer for the most part, cost, size --- and probably the biggest one is I enjoy shopping for clothes back home when I do go back. Suits me sir.

I don't know what it's like in Japan, but is anyone else sick of the current fad with meaningless, arbitrary graffiti style patterns (combined with messy looking stitching) that seem to be on pretty much every t-shirt you find??? Even on some pants.

Being someone who tries to consistently stay one season behind 'the trend', the fact that this style is still around for it's 2nd summer is quite annoying. It means I'll end up looking like all the other sheep, rather than the one that is 'so last year'.

I much prefer the J fitted suits and shirts.

Shoes ( not clothes I know) are a different thing.

I can buy the same stuff here or in Oz though I get it cheaper at home now ONLY because of discount. Oz surf wear etc is just as much as it is here these days \:\(

I'm thinking full body scan/3D replica as a tailor's dummy, and then fitted designs with full pattern printout.

I know this stuff exists in segments, but whether there's a program available for the hoi polloi... I think not.

Got access to any venture capital db?

I only buy clothes here when theyre dirt cheap. I would say that generally speaking clothes in Japan are expensive but when theyre on sale you can get stuff well below cost.

I just hate that jeans/pants here are for people with no di$ks. How can guys wear jeans so tight that blood doesnt flow is beyond me. wakaranai.gif

Prefer loose/relaxed pants/jeans myself.

I buy some Gap stuff and I've got a Ralph Lauren outlet near my house that keeps me supplied. Men's briefs are impossible to locate in Japan. Size s and m just don't cut it for me. I buy all of my snowboard gear in the US. I simply cannot find my sizes here.

I'm wearing the same old clothes all the time pretty much. Do stock up on work wear occasionally but I can't afford to buy new stuff for myself. Being married with a baby means it doesn't matter that I'm clad in a pair of jeans I got in 1999. Did buy a new snowboard jacket this year though cause that's the important shit. I firmly believe that if you've got a good haircut and decent footwear the rest matters a lot less.

Quote:
Originally posted by miteyak:

Got access to any venture capital db?
yes mate ADventure capital ...and I am spending it all re-fitting myself out for splitboard BC livin'. I will use the rest to live off for the next 3 years whilst I mountain BC my way around the world + do some surfing in between (something I might do if I accidently lose my job).

On topic, Tokyo's shopping poos all over London's clothes shopping and it is usually better value.

I think you for value for money you cant go past Uni Qlo, the clothes are generally good and they do have gaijin sizes.

Gap is good too but expensive......

I think when they do discount stuff here because its old ect, no cheaper palce to buy it.

For example last weekend in Osaka I got a 28000 ski jacket for 4800 because its last seasons, and it was LL+ size...

Look around and ye shall find

Quote:
Originally posted by yamayamayama:
Same good suit 150000 in Japan a third that back home, no thinking necessary.
All the suits that I have tried on in Oz since owning a J suit seem like tanks. Not fitted very well unless they have been custom made.
Armani suits in japan or Oz i don't think they are that much different in price. just damn exy!

yes, you can easily pick up some very functional and perfectly decent quality basic goods at Uniqlo. I own heaps of 'no-brand' stuff from there.

I know gaijins who would not shop there nor at designer shops. Funny thing was, they dressed like shite anyway. I also knew gaijins that would not ride my Japanese style bikes as it wasn't cool??

Two essentials to living in Japan: ride a crumby bike and wear Uniqlo 1,000 yen clobber (including 1,500 yen corduroy pants).

Uniqlo thermal underwear is the ducks nuts and great value. Again, 1,000 a piece for tops or bottoms and they quite simply work. I am having some bought over for me for xmas \:\)

dear brits - i saw a uniqlo shop in london the other day - its on oxford street, halfway between oxford circus and totenham court road tube stops.

but i'm not sure if they have a full range of thermals, or even how much stuff costs in their UK shops cos i didn't go in.