SKI are we gonna have this debate this year.

If Japan ever wants to come out of the darkages they will have to open up places people want to go. I watched Capt.s video and I can say 85% of the people in his video are Japanese. My buddies are mostly Japanese and head into places that in no way should be closed. heck the resort doesnt even own some of the land they tell you you cant go into. I know your views and respect them but it will just go the same way again.

Japan need to foster the new generation in order to keep them skiing. Taking 50 passes away a year solves nothing.

That was Englsih sign markI. After they printed them and put them up some of the staff that can speak Englsih pointed out the mistake. New signs were made and I managed to get hold of an old one for my wall.

You can take part in whatever debate you want to.

Perhaps you endorse idiots jumping off lifts - 'if they want to'. After all, 'if they want to', then it should be allowed. And even if the resorts "rules" say that people should not do that, then sod that - because 'they want to'.

That second to last sentence sounds like it should be in the "cheesy slogans" thread in off topic! ;\)

It was not suggested that jumping off the lifts is OK.

He suggested that changing the rules to allow skiing in more places would be a good thing.

But you didn't read/understand his post and I suspect you wont get this one either.

This is a winter time type discussion! It must be almost time to ski \:D \:D

Of course I understood his post.

I did not say that his point was about jumping off lifts. In fact, if you could read/understand better, you might see that. Asking too much, no doubt.

Please remember I gave a member a slap on the wrist for jumping off of a lift last year.

This debate will go no where. Ski will stick to his guns. We will stick to our guns. resorts should be looking to the future. That means providing the things costomers want. Right now the vast majority of Japanese want powder. So time to open some safe things up.

Do I detect the hand of machine translation in that sign ... I think I do! Nearly everything that can be got wrong has been got wrong.

SKI, have you ever thought of interviewing for the Pentagon's Middle East section? There may be a place for you at the prestigious Iraq desk where your unique sense of realism will fit right in.