I just read a really interesting article in a mag called Focus about the "supervolcano" to be in Yellowstone, US. Molten magma blasted out at a rate of 140 times greater than the water of Victoria Falls. Ash and gas lofted more than 50km upwards falling on 1% of earths surface. Dramatic fall in global temps, leading to years of bitter cold known as a volcanic winter.

Very interesting it was. I'll try and find it online.

up - can't find the article online. cant type it all out right now either.

If the prediction is correct - it'll really bugger up the prospects of good ski seasons in the US!

Elsewhere should be good though - new iceage. Us Rider's will be prepared at least!! lol.gif

• 1 month later...

Just come back from the UK yesterday and saw Supervolcano when I was there - it was really good. I've always been interested in that kind of thing, so I was happy to be there when it was on. Pretty spooky to think this could happen.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was really interesting, scary to think that they say it WILL happen. The documentary after the drama was pretty much the same info as what came out in the drama.

I was watching BBC yesterday and they had a documentary on about comets and asteroids. They had Sam "antichrist" Neill presenting it, which was quite appropriate. That WILL happen as well.