The coffee machine at work is not working this morning. I need my fix and the best I could do (or so I thought) was the vending machine. It's been a while since I had a can of hot coffee and I forgot how disgusting they are.

The offending item was DyDo Blend Coffee in a friggin' tiny tiny can 190g and it cost 140 yen.

Outrageous.

mad.gif

In a can, you're better off with the various kinds of Japanese or oolong tea. None of them are sweetened. Avoid the ones in CocaCola machines coz they're not as nice.

All them canned coffees have a kind of roasted sweet sausage aftertaste. Why is that? What are they putting in there, some kind of vegetable oil instead of milk or something?

Yuck. Better off carrying those little foil tubes of instant, then mixing your own Strong Brew with hot water and a bit of milk.

Or just eating the instant coffee like candy.

Yes, and not more expensive as well.

It's like the ever-decreasing-in-size Creme Eggs and Mars Bars thing.

A Mars bar 20 years ago that would have been called "normal sized" (they only had one size back then) is now classed as a "Super Mega Oversized Giant Mars" or something ridiculous like that, with the price to match.