I found this on another forum. Probably rubbish, hope so.

-------

2/21/2005

Scott Ritter says U.S. will attack Iran in June

The former U.S. Weapons Inspector who took issue with the U.S. invasion of Iraq is now facing off with the Bush Administration over their alleged plans in Iran. According to a press release posted by the Pierece County, Washington chapter of the anti-war group United for Peace with Justice, Ritter told attendees at a recent speaking engagement that the administration has drafted plans to attack Iran this coming June.

The United for Peace website is having technical problems, but the full article can be found here.

(Scott) Ritter said that President George W. Bush has received and signed off on orders for an aerial attack on Iran planned for June 2005. Its purported goal is the destruction of Iran’s alleged program to

develop nuclear weapons, but Ritter said neoconservatives in the administration also expected that the attack would set in motion a chain of events leading to regime change in the oil-rich nation of 70 million – a possibility Ritter regards with the greatest skepticism…

..Scott Ritter said that although the peace movement failed to stop the war in Iraq, it had a chance to stop the expansion of the war to other nations like Iran and Syria. He held up the specter of a day when the Iraq war might be remembered as a relatively minor event that preceded an even greater conflagration.

Do they have democracy in Iran? If not that could be another reason to attack. I hear the US Military have a surplus amount of democracy bombs all primed and ready to drop on the nearest distatorship.

(which is frightening really ... at work the other day the receptionist purchased biscuits without it going to an office-wide vote. I think she has already been targeted for elimination ... and we know how 'accurate' those bombs are!!!)

I have seen it at 2 resorts.

The statement only refers to sport in general, but they use this specifically for skiing, because

1. many women who ski aren't dressed properly (according to the mullah rules)

2. many people on the skis drink alcohol (prohibited in Iran for moslems)

3. people who can afford to ski/snowboard don't like the regime in general.

with this sign they say we do what is supported by the highest leader.

>What makes a democracy? - People in power who like Bush and agree with him.

I think you've hit the mark there. I mean, I know I used to agree with the dictionary meaning of the word democracy, but since Bush has been in power, "bringing democracy to the middle east", I would have to assume democracy means:

"...inflicting death, mayhem and descruction (or the threat of) on others, to the end result that they trade more with the US."

(NOTE: Country to be invaded must have either strategic world location or valuable resource e.g. oil)

Sanno - sorry if this is a stupid question, but who is the dude on the left supposed to be, and is he the one endorsing sport?

Sorry \:\)

Should've been more clear. But if anyone's going to endorse sport, it should be a man holding plastic spoons in his eye sockets, wearing a helmet.

As for the actual picture I was talking about, yeah, I thought it might be an Ayatollah-type fella, but I thought they might be against all the points in your post, hence making the sign a bit of a joke.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The failure to get Bolton into the UN to subvert it, the failure to block Elbaradei at the IAEA, the AIPAC spying scandal and sudden resignation of Feith may be the cause of delays, as the political groundwork hasn't been completed.

Pure conjecture of course.

Gordon Prather at Antiwar.com has the lowdown on the level of actual threat posed by Iran's nuclear program.

• 1 month later...

Iran is at the top of the 10pm beeb news tonight - possibly "major international crisis" is what they said (4 times in the space of a few minutes).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4738175.stm

"Threats by Iran to re-start the process of enriching uranium could indicate that it has taken a strategic decision to develop a nuclear fuel production cycle.

If so, it could face UN sanctions in due course and one day even a military attack on its facilities by Israel or the United States."