1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I reading this morning about Vodafone having increasing problem in Japan. They are seeing decrease in number of customer the last few months rather than increase. I hear conflicting thing about service - but don't know if it is just badmouthing and with reason or not.

Quote:
Originally posted by scoobydoo:
I am proudly keitai-free. I recommend it.
me 2!
keitai's are overrated, i do admit that i have been in situations where i wished i had one though

my keitai, is really a PDA in disguise, for it is a calculator, a diary/planner, a portable pdf reader, a pretty decent camera, an alarm clock, a emailing device, a web browser to check stuff I want to know right now.

In fact the one things my keitai isnt is a phone, I seldom call on it, I have made 11 phone calls this year.

Go without it? I could, but why would I want to?

It makes my life easier.

basketball.gif

• 8 months later...

Ever since the J-Phone => Vodafone rebranding, tons of people have signed up with AU. AU and J-Phone used to both have about 20% marketshare, now AU is way ahead of Vodafone. Very interesting and bad example of rebranding, I suppose.

Just ordered my new phone

c_03.jpg

AU W32S, my first ATOK phone which will be a huge relief after Sanyo's stupid ass Japanese IME (henkan dictionary).

http://www.au.kddi.com/seihin/kinobetsu/seihin/w32s/index.html

http://www.sonyericsson.co.jp/product/au/w32s/index.html

The phone also has a Felica IC Card built in (I can use the Suica JR commuter pass on this new phone, if I want to, as well as electronic money Edy and various point cards like Bic Camera's). The phone also has a built in electronic compass, which is a nice improvement to the GPS navigation system. It is also rather compact for a 3G WIN phone.

Otherwise, the phone is very average with 1.25 megapixel camera without auto focus (my current phone has auto focus, my last phone was 2MP, seems like many manufacturers have settled on less than 2 MP camera without autofocus as being enough for mobile phones). It doesn't have FM radio, which was a nice feature on my current phone. I don't care about receiving TV, even one segment digital broadcast that the new top of the line models can receive. Battery is the bottleneck of new handsets, there are all these wonderful features but you can't use them if you want your phone to have enough juice left at the end of the day for necessary calls or emails (finally a 4GB HDD AU phone is coming out in the spring, but I'm not gonna wait for it because battery life is probably gonna suck. If batteries were better, then it would finally merge the phone and music player at a realistic level of performance and capacity).

Anyways, the beauty of my new purchase is that it costs less than 4000 yen, even after shipping charge (I used about 3000 yen worth of AU points, but it's still very cheap), thanks to the fact that my phone has just entered 13th month of usage, and kakaku.com. The fact that the new W41S by SonyEricsson (which sees no major improvements from my new W32S) is coming out soon also helped in the price dip.

I just the AU G'z One. (like a gshock, by casio)

Talbi took a dip in the washing machine!

was only 15 days short of a year and they wanted 3man to keep the same no.! Bugger that..

Kakaku is good eh! Though last time I ordered a phone it took 3 weeks with the sending back and forth of all the documents..

My Infobar will die soon and I have to buy new one. I've been saying this since last winter I think. But I can't find a cool mobile yet. AU's design recently is very bad and mobile is getting more complicated. It's just a phone but why they have WIN and CDMA. Keitai free sounds nice.

Quote:
Originally posted by number9:
Ever since the J-Phone => Vodafone rebranding, tons of people have signed up with AU. AU and J-Phone used to both have about 20% marketshare, now AU is way ahead of Vodafone.

The phone also has a Felica IC Card built in ...
I wonder if they're confusing 'Felica' with fellacio? ;\)

Hey, if a phone could do that, they'd be squillionaires! lol.gif